Next Rangers manager betting - interesting

Guest AVB

I'd go for a foreign manager (say Paolo Sergio or Dan Petrescu) with scottish coaches. I'd prefer a foreign boss who'd scrutinise the way everything is currently done & introduce much-needed improvements throughout. Let's start with first team training(or lack of it)

I'd go for a foreign manager (say Paolo Sergio or Dan Petrescu) with scottish coaches. I'd prefer a foreign boss who'd scrutinise the way everything is currently done & introduce much-needed improvements throughout. Let's start with first team training(or lack of it)

I wouldn't totally agree with the foreign manager approach, but definitely someone with no ties to the club....they can then cast a 100% fresh eye over everything (nae blue tinted goggles...)

We all know - well most of us do - that JC is a very good manager, but how do you know how good he could be with some serious money behind him? Why do you think that appointing him would show limited ambition?

should we not be seeking a manager with top league experience ie big league or europe.

perhaps we cant get that and if so the two jimmys arent a terrible option. though i would prefer a younger manager with fresh ideas and modern methods.

should we not be seeking a manager with top league experience ie big league or europe.

perhaps we cant get that and if so the two jimmys arent a terrible option. though i would prefer a younger manager with fresh ideas and modern methods.

My thinking about JC is that he has succeeded at every level he has worked at and there's nothing to suggest that he wouldn't succeed at Ibrox both in the league and in Europe. You won't know if you don't try.

As for fresh ideas and modern methods, what I particularly like about the two Jimmies was that when they left Aberdeen (I think it was) they spent the next couple of months touring the top European clubs studying their set up and training methods and talking to the guys in the know.