Vanguard Bears - No Third Chances

as I say I doubt any manager has ever had it easier.

The management and players have been under a lot of pressure due to expectation though. It's been a completely different set of circumstances to other clubs and indeed to past Rangers sides.

That's part of the problem. There isn't anything to compare it to.

pressure of expectation isn't particularly new.

The expectation is different though as are the circumstances the club finds itself in.

Winning has been the primary objective of any Rangers team as far back as I can remember. To some fans that's often not been good enough, but at the end of the day winning titles is what we're all about.

We've got a team of players who are supposedly going through the process of finding out what it's like to play for Rangers when in fact they're only getting half the picture. They're in the process of winning a title, they're playing in front of huge crowds at Ibrox and they'e finding their feet in terns of the standards required of them. However, the level of the opposition makes a huge difference.

Games against minnows, part-timers, pub teams - banana skin fixtures are the stuff of nightmares for many a former Ger. We're going through a whole season of them here.