Clubs must focus on current proposal - Neil Doncaster

Their plan now looks so obvious now doesn't it ? when Liewell & dumbcaster agreed the contract with SKY last summer SKY said Rangers had to be back in the SPL next season. The only way they can do this & honour their promise to SKY (and to all the SFL clubs who were promised extra money) is to create SPL2 and have Rangers 'FAST-TRACKED' into it after winning SFL3 - PROVIDED RANGERS AGREE TO THAT OF COURSE............

Otherwise this whole thing collapses. SKY will pay peanuts or nothing at all. Others sponsors likewise. Is there a replacement sponsor for CB by the way?

Rangers hold all the aces now. The only way we agree to SPL2 is under a whole raft of conditions i.e. Dumbcaster, Regan, Lunny etc must go for starters

Lifted from FF:

Lawwell Has Scottish Football In (Almost) The Perfect Position

Seems to me that Peter Lawwell has got all of Scottish football almost exactly where he wants them.

Through the puppet of Neil Doncaster aided and abetted by Stewart Regan Lawwell has seen the bumper harvest of the seeds sown by Dr Death a few years earlier.

The plans they have afoot are almost perfect in the sense that we are severley weakened, playing in backwaters of the leagues and as could quite easily have been predicted fans are starting to get pissed off.

That brings us nicely to the 12-12-18.

The 12 at the top guarantee Celtic will win the league unchallenged for a minimum of the next three years and bear the fruits of the Champions League should they manage to negotiate the qualifiers. This is the No 1 priotity of Lawwell and he will protect this position for as long as he possibly can.

The other 11 at the top will all benefit to a lesser degree with them jumping up one position on the prize money stakes. The plans by those kind hearted souls at the SPL is to pour some of that cash down to the 1st division. A sliding scale from the top down should see a slice of the prize fund passed downwards in any normal circumstance. Not here, the vast majority of the cash flowing to the 1st division will be sliced from the 2nd place team in the SPL. Now consider the situation when Rangers do get back to the top league. Rangers will be odds on favourites to be 2nd place on their first year back. Maybe it was just co-incidence that the revised prize money hit the no2 team worst

The middle 12 getting the promise of more money dripping down should be a banker for them. We have already seen Falkirk, Hamilton & Raith Rovers making it absolutely clear they want and need that money.

They have banked on the 18 at the bottom all voting for yet another payday against Rangers. That one game could net them a years gate receipys in one day. It also guarantees two further things, firstly the TV money will be safe for another year but more importantly Rangers are still playing in the dross backwaters where fans are already pissed off and will drift away not to mention it being nigh on impossible to attract any kind of quality player.

Is it any wonder 12-12-18 is being pushed as the be all and end all?

Lets assume for whatever reason 12-12-18 is not accepted by the SFL clubs. Two things may then happen.

As most expect SPL2 will be heralded and clubs will be invited to the party, the rest being cut free.

Now with the TV revenues that our inclusion generates it is inconceivable that Rangers will not be invited to this party. Rest assured if we are invited there is not a cat in hell's chance that the embargo will be lifted. If Rangers are in, they are in at their weakest. Ideally they want us to make up the numbers but will see us challengers for promotion in the second year.

Both scenarios are almost perfect for Lawwell and his puppets. Both keep Rangers at their weakest for as long as possible.

So where does that leave us then. I suspect that there will be agreement just now with a number of the SFL clubs that if they reject the proposals Rangers will stand by them by refusing acceptance to SPL2. This is Green's only option in my opinion. Anything less will see us have to dance to Lawwells tune.

Quite possibly the biggest moves of Greens tenure coming up over the next two weeks or so. How will he play it? Lets hope he holds firm.

Better breakdown of the proposed changes to prize money below.

1 £2,405,000 (-£315,000)

2 £1,718,000 (-£682,000)

3 £1,460,000 (-£60,000)

4 £1,289,000 (-£71,000)

5 £1,203,000 (-£77,000)

6 £1,117,000 (-£83,000)

7 £1,057,000 (-£63,000)

8 £1,005,000 (-£35,000)

9 £988,000 (+£28,000)

10 £902,000 (+£22,000)

11 £816,000 (+£16,000)

12 £730,000 (+£10,000)

Championship

13 £387,000 (+£319,000)

14 £344,000 (+£277,000)

15 £301,000 (+£235,000)

16 £258,000 (+£193,000)

17 £241,000 (+£177,000)

18 £189,000 (+£121,000)

19 £172,000 (+£111,000)

20 £155,000 (+£95,000)

21 £137,000 (+£78,000)

22 £120,000 (+£63,000)

23 £103,000 (+£47,000)

24 £86,000 (+£31,000)

The proposed changes to prize money cutting almost 700k off the 2nd place SPL prize has got "let's stitch up Rangers" written all over it because it could take us 3 seasons back in the premier league just to build a title winning team. If the proposals are accepted all we can do is suck it up, get back up as quickly as possible and once we're back, make sure that we build a title winning team ASAP and go on a run of successive wins which leave the other lot picking up the reduced 2nd place prize.

My guess though, is that if it's all voted through and it goes ahead, it's such a stupid and shambolic idea that it will all fall apart sooner rather than later and it wouldn't surprise me if it conveniently fell apart at the seems when we're back at the top heading for an SPL title win and the other lot are heading for a 2nd place finish.

I think trying to link the 2nd place prize money to us is stretching things too far.

We are at least a couple of years away from it having the remotest impact on us.

but the point being celtic dont expect to be second in the years were away either .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I think trying to link the 2nd place prize money to us is stretching things too far.

We are at least a couple of years away from it having the remotest impact on us.

It's almost guaranteed to affect us when we're back in the premier league though.

Look at it this way: Celtic aren't going to be finishing 2nd for years and in the meantime it reduces the income for a 2nd place finish significantly which in turn HELPS Celtic.

It strengthens Celtic's financial stranglehold over the competition, whoever that may be for the next few years and breaks with the principle that those with the deepest pockets should carry the greatest burden. If they didn't plan it that way, it certainly seems very convenient for them.

Remember the current plan keeps us in the bottom league for another year making it more difficult for us to increase season ticket prices, when the Club's financial plans will have assumed just that for next year. A deliberate move to hinder our recovery, or a nice bonus for CFC? Either way, they benefit and we lose out.