Falkirk Statement On Reconstruction

What I continue to find strange is the "If this moment is lost there may not be another opportunity..... this is the one chance for change" quotes.

Now everyone is coming out with this pap.

I ask myself why - at this moment in Scottish football's history is this such an opportunistic moment to create something of lasting benefit to the game?

What's the reason for this window of opportunity? Because I'm buggered if I can see one good reason for pushing through ANY changes for next season.

I'm not saying that discussions shouldn't continue with a view to change but there is no reason now for pushing something through in haste.

So. Why the hurry? And where's the truth?

Those are the questions that should be getting asked and asked until there's some honest answers served up.

At first I thought the rush was related to us being at our weakest point and not having a vote, but we'll still be weak next year and still won't have a vote, so the only conclusion I can come up with is that the SPL think they've come up with a plan to strengthen & benefit themselves financially in the short term. Note that they'll also simultaneously be weakening an SFL which is growing in strength thanks to the SPLs own shear stupidity.

It may even be an act of desperation, but whatever it is, I think they are definitely liars and I think their plans/proposals are a shambles which are destined to failure. It's obvious why 1st division clubs would bite at the big fat carrot being dangled in front of them, but they should think carefully about whether the plan is truly sustainable even in the short to medium term, never mind the long term.

No matter what way you look at it though, it really is a complete shambles. How Doncaster and Regan are even still here is a mystery.

Also and sorry for asking again , but everyone and their dog keep going on about playoffs as if they are the answer to everyones problems , now I,m not saying that they arent a good idea , but exactly where do they fit in to this grand plan , is it included in the middle 8,s games or after the groups of 8 have finished that they get played , where are the rules for these or is it yet again lets make it up as we go along

this opportunity for the sfl1 clubs is huge no wonder they want it.

Almost makes you think that some people decided what they needed, sat down, did the maths, then came up with a voting solution that would give them what they needed.

Maybe I'm just a cynic.

Perhaps this is really about taking our game forward, and it's not about Celtic's self interest.

Doncaster strikes me as unusually dim - so it can't be him.

Also and sorry for asking again , but everyone and their dog keep going on about playoffs as if they are the answer to everyones problems , now I,m not saying that they arent a good idea , but exactly where do they fit in to this grand plan , is it included in the middle 8,s games or after the groups of 8 have finished that they get played , where are the rules for these or is it yet again lets make it up as we go along

The middle 8 group is basically an extended play-off group. Not sure the setup for the bottom 8-group and the bottom league of 18.

The middle 8 group is basically an extended play-off group. Not sure the setup for the bottom 8-group and the bottom league of 18.

That was my understanding as well but they keep going on about playoffs

Third last team of the Bundesliga face a "play-off" against the third-placed team in BL2. They always term it "Relegationsspiel", i.e. "relegation game", which is only true for 50% of the participants.

As was pointed out before, if the 12-12-18 setup comes to pass and we're stuck in the 18s, after the split we're essentially back in the "fourth tier". That apart, how anyone with an IQ of 5+ cannot see the stupidity in a 8-8-8 split is beyond me.