Peterhead Statement: League Reconstruction

This situation has just gone beyond embarrassing.

Ive got a feeling we hold the ACE card. They can push through whatever system they want but if we dont join to an SPL 2 then it collapses. I hope we stick to our guns and tell them to jog on unless its on our terms. Thanks to the SFL for this season but it is a lifetime of christmas's for all the chairmen of the Div 3 clubs by playing us twice. Queens Park are going to be set up for 10 years after this Saturday.

This situation has just gone beyond embarrassing.

Ive got a feeling we hold the ACE card. They can push through whatever system they want but if we dont join to an SPL 2 then it collapses. I hope we stick to our guns and tell them to jog on unless its on our terms. Thanks to the SFL for this season but it is a lifetime of christmas's for all the chairmen of the Div 3 clubs by playing us twice. Queens Park are going to be set up for 10 years after this Saturday.

Regards holding the aces, CG must demand to see the SKY contract from last summer which Liewell & Dumbcaster don't seem to want anyone to see. Why is that ? does it contain clauses & sub-clauses about Rangers ?

It'll be interesting to see exactly how much SKY & ESPN pay out at the end of the season. For example, will the amount be linked to the viewing figures throughout the season ?

Regards holding the aces, CG must demand to see the SKY contract from last summer which Liewell & Dumbcaster don't seem to want anyone to see. Why is that ? does it contain clauses & sub-clauses about Rangers ?

It'll be interesting to see exactly how much SKY & ESPN pay out at the end of the season. For example, will the amount be linked to the viewing figures throughout the season ?

It's a question all chairmen should be asking!

I'm more inclined to be angry at the other SPL chairmen for being weak than those in the SFL.

Liewell,Thomson,Petrie I can understand cos they have an agenda. But surely some of the others could grow a pair of and say enough of this shite.

I'm maybe expecting too much tho. After all that's the same chairmen that were happy to waste so much time and money to strip Rangers of their titles when only one team was going to get an advantage. It's also the same chairman that are happy that the majority of this 'bribe' is being mostly financed by the team that finishes second thereby again only benefiting one team.

Makes you wonder who is really working who up the back.

After scratching my head a bit, the only thing I can guess is that sponsorship/ media deal/solvency is a major issue for the SPL.

If true, it follows that without us, the Rangers cash cow, everything is up shit creek.

I hope that CG isn't negotiating a way back in, because he should know that if that happens, he might not have the backing that he seems to think he has.

I for one do not want our name tarnished to save the SPL, and lets face it. That would be the outcome.