Whyte v Green - Who owns Rangers? (The Sun)

DEFIANT Craig Whyte claims he STILL owns Rangers â?? and chief executive Charles Green was a frontman for HIM.

Disgraced Whyte insists he has a dossier of evidence which proves his case.

And he claims he has proof to back up his allegation that he was conned.

The Scottish Sun has seen a bombshell warning letter Whyte sent to Green and former Rangers director Imran Ahmad days before the recent £22million flotation deal.

We have also obtained secret recordings Whyte made in meetings with Green, Ahmad and Ibrox finance director Brian Stockbridge apparently discussing the takeover of Rangers.

Whyte â?? who plans a £50million court case â?? says the evidence proves he and partner Aidan Earley were conned in that deal and the subsequent flotation in December was ILLEGAL.

And he says he also has evidence his involvement in the takeover was kept secret from the SPL and SFL. Last night a source said: â??These are dynamite claims and it will be interesting if this does end up in the courts. Conspiracy theorists will be having a field day.â?

Sevco 5088 Ltd and Green bought Rangers for £5.5million in June, 2012.

Green transferred the assets â?? including Murray Park and Ibrox â?? to a new company called Sevco Scotland days later. Whyte claims the £50million assets were transferred illegally because Green didnâ??t have his or Earleyâ??s permission. His warning letter â?? prepared by a London QC â?? says Whyte and Earley intend to sue Green and Ahmad for deception and breach of contract.

It says Earley approached Ahmad at finance firm Zeus Capital to participate in the takeover, as Whyte wanted a frontman. He believed his negative publicity would â??hinder any dealâ?.

The letter says Ahmad then told Earley he had â??just the right guysâ?? â?? referring to businessman Rafat Rizvi and Green. Whyte claims Ahmad introduced Green and Rizvi to him at a London hotel on May 1 last year. Itâ??s alleged Rizvi and Ahmad agreed to raise funds for the deal while Green would front it. The letter also says that all parties agreed Earley and Whyte would have a majority shareholding in Sevco 5088.

And it alleges that Ahmad, Rizvi, Green and Earley would share a £250,000 fee and ten per cent of share capital raised.

In one of Whyteâ??s recordings of their meetings, Green says: â??You are Sevco, thatâ??s what we are saying.â? In a second tape Ahmad discusses Rizvi and how he will represent him on the board. He says: â??Charles canâ??t do anything... you should regard us as your reps (inaudible) no loyalties to Charles, to Rafat (inaudible) as well.â? And in the third Ahmad says he could only be the chief executive officer of Rangers if he got the go-ahead from Whyte, and that Green was terrified of the job.

Ahmad says: â??I could do that but that can only be at your insistence, only with your majority stake. Heâ??s terrified of the job, itâ??s a high pressure job.â?

Green, 59, has always denied that venture capitalist Whyte was part of his consortium but has admitted meeting him in London.

Last night he said: â??Whyte is trying to tout that he was behind the whole deal. He says he has tape recordings of Imran and me saying that he is Sevco 5088. Which is all true. We were warned before we ever met him that he would be taping things.

â??What we had to do at the start was get the confidence of this guy for him to give us the shares, to give us the debentures, to do a whole raft of things. Iâ??m not worried about what Iâ??ve said on tape.â?

Whyteâ??s warning letter says Decemberâ??s flotation on the AIM Stock would â??perpetrate a fraudâ? on himself and potential investors as the assets were still owned by him through Sevco 5088.

But Green hit back: â??The only agreements that I entered into with Craig Whyte were that he would hand the shares over and the indemnity to enable the CVA to go ahead and in the event that it didnâ??t go ahead then those shares and that company would go back to Whyte.

â??It would be no good to me anyway because we were now going down the Newco route and thatâ??s why we had this Sevco 5088 and Sevco Scotland.

â??The agreements between Craig Whyte and Sevco were that that was conditional on the CVA.â?

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/scottishnews/4873936/Green-played-up-front-for-me.html#ixzz2PXcF9a3I

Green's response;

CHARLES Green last night sensationally admitted shafting Craig Whyte to buy Rangers.

The Rangers chief said he would have told him ANYTHING to get the keys to Ibrox.

Green, 59, revealed he lied to former owner Whyte so he could buy the club â?? but insisted it was only to save Gers from the man who plunged them into administration.

In an exclusive interview with The Scottish Sun, Green branded Whyte, 42, â??delusionalâ? over claims he was swindled by Green and his backer Imran Ahmad.

He told how Ahmad would sweet-talk Whyte to ensure the deal for fallen giants went through, adding: â??Imran might have promised him three Russian girls or whatever â?? Iâ??ve no idea and I donâ??t care.

â??We told him what he wanted to hear. Imran told him because we needed to keep him sweet to prise the club away from him.â?

Whyte â?? now a hate figure for the Light Blues supporters â?? yesterday sensationally claimed that Green was a frontman for HIM during the historic Ibrox takeover.

And he revealed that he is preparing a £50million legal battle to get the club back â?? using a file of explosive evidence, seen by The Scottish Sun.

But chief executive Green â?? who says he WELCOMES any court action â?? hit back: â??Craig Whyte has been making all these claims.

â??I liken him to the boy on the beach where you have a group of kids making sand castles and heâ??s the one who stamps on them.

â??Heâ??s back here now trying to damage the club he so nearly bankrupted â?? and for what purpose?

â??It is just complete madness. We had deals with him and what Imran was doing for a long period was, if Craig Whyte asked â??Am I 6ft 4in tall,â?? Imran would say â??I think you are taller than that â?? actually. I think you are 6ft 6in.

â??I think youâ??ve grown two inches overnight.â?

Whyte fired off a letter notifying Green and Ahmad, below right, that he was prepared to take them to court last December â?? and he is now set for a court battle after the pair failed to respond.

He claims he and business pal Aidan Earley, 44 â?? who has previously been declared bankrupt â?? were behind the Sevco 5088 company which Green used to take over the club.

But Green says he was just telling Whyte porkies so he could get the businessmanâ??s shares â?? a plan he says was changed when the club was liquidated.

Green revealed Whyte, from Motherwell, is now demanding £1million a year for LIFE â?? or a quarter of Greenâ??s own shares in the club.

In his plush office at Ibrox stadium in Glasgow, he said: â??At the point the Company Voluntary Agreement failed and we moved into the newco realm, the shares and the rest of his indemnity didnâ??t matter.

â??What he believes now, in his mind â?? and it could only be in Craig Whyteâ??s mind â?? is that he is entitled a quarter of my shares.

â??Whyte also wants one million quid a year for life. It is not going to happen.

â??Iâ??ve not had a day off since I came to Scotland and yet he wants more than what Iâ??m on.â?

The tough-talking Yorkshireman added: â??People say what goes around, comes around. For Whyte to come out and demand £1million a year for life or 25 per cent of my shares now is ridiculous.â?

It is understood Whyteâ??s legal team are preparing to apply for a High Court writ to serve on Ahmad and Green. He reckons with taped conversations and claims of signed documents, he has a strong case to win back control at Ibrox. But Green last night branded him an â??opportunistâ? and said he was unconcerned by the threat of legal proceedings. He revealed: â??Imran received a communication â?? and Iâ??m not sure it was Craig direct or one of his partners â?? saying that Imran promised this and that.

â??We showed it to the company solicitors at the time and we said â??Look, there is no agreement in writing. This is just an opportunist trying to pick something upâ??.

â??You know, when Craig Whyte said, â??Well, Iâ??d like to be an investorâ??, the SFA would never have allowed it. He is a discredited person. He is banned. So how could he invest? Now whether heâ??s actually got any money anyway is debatable.

â??I know in the early discussions we were saying â??Well, weâ??ll probably need £12million or £25million.

â??Whyte says, â??All right, Iâ??ll raise half,â?? so we says â??Okay, go and do itâ??, but he ever put a penny in.

â??There was no agreement. Well, there is not a bit of paper where we agreed this and he needed that and we signed it. Weâ??ve got a club now trying to get back on its feet and he wants to damage it again. Why? Why would anyone want to do that? It could be called blackmail.

â??Thereâ??s been a whole raft of people who have made claims against the club. We saw it a few weeks ago where people were making claims and put winding up orders on the club.

â??Thereâ??s a thing called terminal greed and people get envious.

â??People see things and they want to be part of it. We know from what weâ??ve read and what weâ??ve seen, that Craig Whyte is delusional.You know, he is the man who nearly destroyed Rangers. Why would anyone listen to him?â?

Whyteâ??s claims of his buy-out involvement with Green will stun Rangers fans.

They centre on Sevco 5088 â?? where Green was a director â?? which paid £5.5million to buy Gers from liquidation in June last year.

Whyte will argue that he and Aidan Earley were the moneymen behind the move. Green transferred the assets â?? including Murray Park and Ibrox â?? to new company Sevco Scotland just days after sealing the deal. Whyte claims the assets were transferred ILLEGALLY because Green did not have the permission of Sevco 5088â??s backers â?? himself and Earley. Sevco Scotland Ltd later changed its name to The Rangers Football Club Ltd.

Whyteâ??s London-based lawyers will demand up to £50million to cover Ibrox stadium and Murray Park training ground. If Whyte is succesful and Green does not stump up, the assets will return to the original Sevco â?? which includes him.

Oldco Rangers were plunged into administration and then liquidation last February following Whyteâ??s tenure. The club was forced to begin life again in the Third Division.

He bought the club from Sir David Murray for a pound in 2011 before racking up massive debts â?? including unpaid tax of £14million.

Whyte is currently the subject of a Crown Office probe into his time at the club.

He is also being chased through the courts by investment firm Ticketus whose £27million funded his infamous takeover.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/scottishnews/4873912/Green-I-shafted-Whyte-to-get-Gers.html#ixzz2PXcsyYdf

Is it news that they had to play with Whyte to get the shares?

Aye right that's all it was eh?

This was supposed to run last night but Traynor got it stopped, Sun must have decided to run it anyway and Traynor's got them to print Greens side of the story.

Sun won't have shot all their bolts yet and will eke this out for maximum value,

Should be interesting when they start printing the documents and the transcripts.

"When thieves fall out, honest men come by their own,"

Edited by forlanssister
Shit spelling as per usual