Whyte v Green - Who owns Rangers? (The Sun)

In my view, based on previous discussions with Mr Whyte, it is unlikely in the extreme that he would sell “his” shares to Mr Green for a nominal sum (even if he hadn’t committed them to me) unless he was obtaining some benefit or retaining some control behind the scenes. Duff & Phelps non-communicative approach to stakeholders causes me further concern in that regard.

I am opposing the CVA and urge all loyal fans to do the same. We don’t want to be back in a similar situation next season. I also believe that all true Rangers fans should not buy any season tickets until full and frank disclosure has been provided by Duff & Phelps, Mr Green, and Mr Whyte, as to what is truly going on behind the scenes.

The above quote by Dave King, helpfully posted earlier on this thread, is one that has never left me. Like most, I was very wary of the surprise Green takeover and the immediate counter offer by the Walter Smith led consortium, the John Brown "episode" and the daily drip feed of negativity surrounding Green on the David Leggat blog only heightened my concerns. Whatever views you may hold on these 3 individuals, it would be hard to argue that they are not Rangers men with the best interests of the Club being there only agenda. As the weeks passed there gradually seemed to be a softening of attitudes towards Green and we all reached the position where we had to back him or not. I reluctantly did so in the form of renewing my season tickets and later investing in the share offering. Despite all that, the above quote from King was always going round in my head. Throughout the turmoil of the original sale to Whyte, subsequent Administration and ultimate Liquidation, only Dave King and Alistair Johnston have in my opinion called it as it is. Whatever criticism that is thrown at them as being part of the Murray regime, I for one don't doubt their integrity or honesty when it comes to their actions towards Rangers. Therefore, when King effectively ridiculed the notion that Whyte would be willing to hand over his shareholding to Green then there was a great unanswered question as to how this deal with Duff and Phelps was actually struck. I was also aware through one of the Blue Knights that Whyte had demanded £8m for his shareholding when discussing with TBK and that the TBK were 100% sure Whyte and Duff and Phelps were working together. Therefore, the explanation that Green handed Whyte £2 to double his money never stacked up. Whilst Duff and Phelps were quoted as saying Whyte had become a non-issue, again this seemed too straight forward particularly when there was clearly a relationship between those two parties. Ultimately the events of the last 24 hours have confirmed all the previous fears and whilst I don't know where the exact truth lies, my overwhelming feeling is that even if we take the Club statement as fact, these behaviours are not becoming of people associated with or running Rangers Football Club. I will think long and hard before renewing again this year and I will be interested to see what Dave King and others have to say over the next few days. Frankly, the whole situation is just another major embarrassment.

Feel free to not renew your ticket, feel free to give Whyte exactly what he wants and abandon the club at this still early stage of our recovery.

Just kindly don't ever come back when we're back at the top.

I don't think searching for the truth is too much to ask and in the unlikely event that I didn't renew my season tickets I fail to see exactly how this plays into Whyte's hands? Nobody is talking about abandoning the Club, simply applying some pressure to get the answers we deserve. If you are comfortable with what you are hearing from Green then fair enough, personally I find it all very unpalatable. Rest assured, my commitment to supporting the team at the bottom or the top remains the same!

I don't think searching for the truth is too much to ask and in the unlikely event that I didn't renew my season tickets I fail to see exactly how this plays into Whyte's hands? Nobody is talking about abandoning the Club, simply applying some pressure to get the answers we deserve. If you are comfortable with what you are hearing from Green then fair enough, personally I find it all very unpalatable. Rest assured, my commitment to supporting the team at the bottom or the top remains the same!
Well what else do you think Whyte is aiming for? It it was all about a genuine court case then it would all be in the courts. By going to the media like this he's trying to turn the fans against the current regime and destabilise our recovery, while getting whatever cash he can together from it.

I'm not saying treat is as a nothing story, don't ask questions etc but it's worth keeping cool and calm heads rather than getting into hysteria. I could understand that more if discussions were revealed to be taking place in December or something but it's pre-CVA stuff coming up to a year ago.

All I'm really calling for is balance, it seems in some quarters that you're either with Green or against him now.

Feel free to not renew your ticket, feel free to give Whyte exactly what he wants and abandon the club at this still early stage of our recovery.

Just kindly don't ever come back when we're back at the top.

I don't think it's black and white, because you doubt one doesn't mean you believe the other.

It's really only the truth we want, and I don't believe Rangers can move on until it is revealed.

I don't think it's black and white, because you doubt one doesn't mean you believe the other.

It's really only the truth we want, and I don't believe Rangers can move on until it is revealed.

What is the truth as such? I ask because Green's statement seems pretty detailed, if you assume he's lying in it then how can you ever know if you have the 'truth' or not? I appreciate some think we should have known about the 137k earlier but there is a difference between lying and just not giving us every gory detail.

The club is insistent Whyte has no claim, and really the onus is on him to prove it in court.