No go for reconstruction

i think the dutch have a first division of 18 so why dont we have something the same, say 20 and a second division that will give you 38 games playing each other home and away , no silly splits just 2 up and 2 down with every club having 1 vote and a simple majority for any rule changes one team one vote

You are talking 15-16 million people against 5-6 million people so I think the Dutch can offer up larger supported clubs. Even larger towns in Scotland lose far more supporters to Rangers and Celtic than Dutch towns do to the bigger teams in Holland. Even at the bottom of the Dutch league there are teams who yo-yo between the eredivise and 1st league. While the smaller teams can sometimes put up a surprise now and again they mostly are on to a thrashing from the top teams. Many teams in Holland are also balancing on bankruptcy as well. The amateur and youth setup in Holland is also of a far better in quality to allow smaller clubs to have better coached players.

Can Scotland really have 18 reasonable teams? I haven't got time to check now but would be interested in a list of possibles if someone has time.

And one SPL source told SunSport a failure to act now will only turn our game into a LAUGHING STOCK.

This highly-placed figure insists the status quo of the current, unpopular set-up will lead to:

Dwindling crowds

Drops in sponsorship and broadcasting cash

No stability and continual fighting

Disparate league bodies

Less meaningful games

[/url]

You have got to be fucking kidding right?

I think you will find booting Rangers out the league has ALREADY led to those things and now the bunch of crooks are trying to paper over the cracks and blame will be directed at the clubs who vote NO against this awful proposal.

Stewart Gilmour should be aware of the power oif the Celtic Support.

St Mirren Chairman Stewart Gilmour would do well to pay heed to the old saying “Beware the power of the people” if he was making his statement regarding league reconstruction because of the wishes of his own supporters, then that is fine, but if he is doing it to pander to the wishes of Charles Green, or whoever might own Sevco, then that’s a different matter altogether.

I’m sure Gilmour along with all the other Chairman and GEO’s in Scottish Football watched and read about the very successful demonstration at George Square on Saturday, along with those present there were messages of support from all over the UK and Europe, if goes to show that supporters won’t accept being treated unfairly and unjustly, and that would apply to different situations.

If Alex Salmond was genuinely concerned with the wishes and thoughts of the Scottish people he would immediately put in place the structure to remove the obnoxious Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communication (Scotland) Act 2012, but I won’t hold my breath waiting on Alex discovering a conscience amongst his vanity.

Getting back to Gilmour, I’m not sure what his position really is regarding the proposals being put in front of the SPL, but I am deeply concerned about his recent cuddling up to Chuckles Green, to invite him to New St Mirren Park as his guest for the recent visit of Celtic seemed strange to say the least, he was lucky that the vast majority of Celtic supporters didn’t know Green was present.

I don’t like talking about Green, but when we are talking about shady dealing, then his name certainly springs to mind. This is the guy who openly admitted lying to Craig Whyte in order to take over Old Rangers, so what has he been promising Gilmour, and maybe some of the other SPL Chairmen.

One thing Gilmour said he was opposed to was the voting structure concerning major decisions like finance, I’m sure Gilmour would like an even bigger share of the money that we Celtic supporters pour into Scottish football, does he fancy a share of Celtic’s home gate money when we are playing St Mirren? I don’t know the answer to that, but I know what the Celtic supporters answer would be.

I don’t know the exact number of demonstrators that turned up at George Square on Saturday, but I think the majority were supporters who travel to watch Celtic playing away from home, maybe they will demonstrate outside New St Mirren Park, as opposed to paying £25 to watch from inside, if Gilmour forges an alliance with Green he should be aware of the downside of that.

Lifted from FF, Joe the bigot at his worse.

This is what we are up against.

By Jim Spence BBC Scotland

Proposed changes to Scottish football have suffered a setback after it emerged that information required for clubs to vote on the matter has not been provided.

Clubs in the Scottish Premier League and the Scottish Football League are being asked to consider new leagues of 12, 12 and 18 from the present four.

But it is understood that the SFL has still not allowed access to documents.

SFL clubs are due to vote on the proposal next Friday.

Following a meeting between Scottish football's three governing bodies, the SFL had requested assistance from the Scottish Football Association in providing financial due diligence.

That is seen as vital to help clubs decide how to vote on the proposed new set-up, which would result in a merger between the two league bodies.

However, it is believed that, despite requests from the SFA, the SFL has still not allowed access to its financial details.

That information was originally expected last Wednesday.

“I am quite hopeful there's going to be a lot of pressure put on lots of people this week”

Stephen Thompson Dundee United chairman

The SFL vote would be scrapped should the SPL clubs fail to achieve the required 11-1 majority in their own ballot on Monday.

Motherwell have become the latest SPL club to say they will vote in favour of the new league structure.

However, St Mirren have already come out strongly against the proposal and Ross County chairman Roy McGregor has voiced his own doubts.

McGregor has, though, stressed that he sees some merit in the proposals and that it will be a decision for the Dingwall club's whole board at its meeting on Friday.

Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson believes that there is still time to change the mind of clubs who might be against the proposal.

"It is not dead at all and I'm quite excited that we might be able to do something to change the game in Scotland," he told BBC Scotland.

"I am quite hopeful there's going to be a lot of pressure put on lots of people this week.

"If people think there's another option on the table, there's no other option on the table.

"It's this or nothing else and I think it could be many years before we get back to the table and get as many clubs in agreement about taking the game forward."

Thompson insisted that his club was not voting out of self interest as there were aspects of the proposal with which United are not totally happy.

"It's not perfect, but there's enough in it for my club to vote for it," he said.

"There's a huge amount at stake here. I am trying to take my club hat off and think of Scottish football.

"If it was purely about my own club, I wouldn't vote for this because in some respects it gives you a great chance of being relegated."

Thompson believes that First Division clubs, presently struggling to maintain full-time playing squads, would benefit most from the proposed redistribution of income.

It is believed that all but one Division One club are in favour of the proposal.

What a lot of utter nonsense that it is this plan or nothing. Anyone who believes that is a fool.

Thomson blatantly talks about putting pressure on people. They have become so arrogant they cannot see how offensive they are. They really need brought back down to earth.

I've still never heard a good reason or explanation why this HAS to go through for next season?.

How can I put his?

£££££££££££

or maybe

$$$$$$$$$$$

possibly

€€€€€€€€€€€?

or lack thereof if SKY pull the plug

How can I put his?

£££££££££££

or maybe

$$$$$$$$$$$

possibly

€€€€€€€€€€€?

or lack thereof if SKY pull the plug

Exactly,why has all the chairmen of all the other clubs,as well as the mHedia not asked this question?