CG - The players dream of a free punch at me........

Behave ian, calling a "paki a paki", is nothing like calling a pole a pole, or an aussie an aussie. There is no such thing as total free speech, in any country, before you go down that road. The replies in this thread paint a picture of why green comes out with this utter shite. Shameful.

Ha!,the consumption of vodka is kicking in with me. But It does get to me these days how you can't just say what you want,but you are correct,I'm just old fashioned,no harm intended.

Sure no problem.

People that think it's hilarious that our CEO is proud of calling an asian "his paki friend". So proud in fact that he feels happy enough to broadcast it in national newspapers. The lunatics really have taken over the asylum at Ibrox, aided and abetted by a large section of our sometimes questionable support.

So your calling me a racist because Green obviously feels he can call his friend a paki and they don't bother about it.

ADMIN EDIT: You know the rules and have previous Allan, so it's a final warning - no personal abuse.

Edited by Zappa

Ive been a fan of Green since day 1 but this week has raised some alarm bells. I do like his no nonsense and honesty most of the time but this article doesnt sit comfortable with me.

I do agree with him about the team though, it is the worst Ive ever seen It could partly be down to the manager not having a clue though.

this article doesnt sit comfortable with me.

I don't think it's supposed to. He's fighting fire with fire. He's saying if you think talking rubbish to Whyte and calling him names is controversial I'll give you controversial.

...or he might just be committing harakiri. Those are the only two ways I can think of to explain it.

I don't think it's supposed to. He's fighting fire with fire. He's saying if you think talking rubbish to Whyte and calling him names is controversial I'll give you controversial.

...or he might just be committing harakiri. Those are the only two ways I can think of to explain it.

It is hard to explain. If he thinks it will reflect anything but badly on the club he is representing (and wants to be welcomed into other countries) then he is just being stupid. Trying to think of an alternative reason - perhaps he is worried he has been taped saying it and wants to get his defence in first? Seems far-fetched but would explain why he felt the need to bring it up. But then again if you add the stuff re diCuntio, it was probably just another soapbox rant....

Edited by SteveC

It is hard to explain. If he thinks it will reflect anything but badly on the club he is representing (and wants to be welcomed into other countries) then he is just being stupid. Trying to think of an alternative reason - perhaps he is worried he has been taped saying it and wants to get his defence in first? Seems far-fetched but would explain why he felt the need to bring it up. But then again if you add the stuff re diCuntio out was probably just another soapbox rant....

Nothing he says really surprises me. I suppose that's something I probably have in common with a lot of the fans who show him unwavering allegiance even though I'm not one of them.

He likes to open his mouth and let his belly rumble. He's unpredictable in that you don't know what he's going to come away with next, but predictable in the sense that you know he's likely to go off on a tangent with some completely nosensical anecdote whenever he runs out of relevant thoughts or doesn't have some new outragious claim to make. He just keeps on talking. He was always going to dig more than a few holes for himself.

I don't really have any idea how his credibility as a representative of our club will have been affected by his comments over the past 48 hours because I didn't really see him as having much credibility in the first place as a club spokesperson.

Getting back to the outragious claims though, that's something I actually like about him. Some of it seems embarassing at the time, but then no more so than claiming you can raise £20m+ via a flotation when the your club's just been put in the bottom tier. He's constantly been spouting moonbeams. Something a lot of fans don't want. A lot of fans want realism and achievable targets, but the thing is that Green and co have already delivered more than I thought they were capable of. So in this sense he's not the incompetent buffoon you might be led to believe he is.

Overall, my opinion of him hasn't really changed much at all over the past 48 hours. I still don't know exactly what to make of him. I still think he's capable to delivering results others would struggle to even think about attempting to achieve and I don't trust him any more or less than I did before. Possibly some fans giving him the benefit of the doubt up until now will be looking at it differently though.

Edited by UCF2008