If Charles Green Can Call a Spade a Spade So Can We

Cheers mate. It's been pretty interesting actually because despite a little bit of abuse last night, the response has been well over 90% positive with a fair number of people contacting me either to say that they fully agree or to say that they're thinking along similar lines and agree with some of the points.

What I'd really love to know is how the majority of fans who stay silent (both on and offline) and keep their mouths shut genuinely feel about Green & the whole situation. Do Green & co actually have the majority of fans' trust or not? How many fans are there out there who don't want Green in charge at Ibrox and don't trust Green & co, but don't want to rock the boat by speaking up? I think it's a bit of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

It is possible many are in the middle somewhere, it doesn't have to be one extreme or another. But the Internet has the tendency to bring about extreme opinions.

It is possible many are in the middle somewhere, it doesn't have to be one extreme or another. But the Internet has the tendency to bring about extreme opinions.

You regularly try to lecture others on your own perceived brand of objectivity and balance, when in fact you're more often than not talking to people who have a perfectly solid grasp of the subject they're discussing and how objective they're being about subjective subjects.

i also think their is an issue here with green being utterly impotent. rangers fans know what he is they will tolerate him till he starts affecting us. from a shareholder point of view he wont get away with paying a dividend if we are behind celtc in the league. right now he couldn't survive sacking super. all it would take is for smith to walk after super was sacked and their would be utter revolt.

and if you ask me ally knows it and wants to use it.

You regularly try to lecture others on your own perceived brand of objectivity and balance, when in fact you're more often than not talking to people who have a perfectly solid grasp of the subject they're discussing and how objective they're being about subjective subjects.

I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at. Minds are made up, your article is pretty much saying that, and some are even going as far as saying 'f off'.

I'm simply suggesting some are probably not at that stage yet either way.

Cheers mate. It's been pretty interesting actually because despite a little bit of abuse last night, the response has been well over 90% positive with a fair number of people contacting me either to say that they fully agree or to say that they're thinking along similar lines and agree with some of the points.

What I'd really love to know is how the majority of fans who stay silent (both on and offline) and keep their mouths shut genuinely feel about Green & the whole situation. Do Green & co actually have the majority of fans' trust or not? How many fans are there out there who don't want Green in charge at Ibrox and don't trust Green & co, but don't want to rock the boat by speaking up? I think it's a bit of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

I guess it's pretty obvious that most are just happy for the stability and the status quo in the meantime. At times last year was a very close run thing that none of us want to experience again.

From guys I speak to, there's far from a feeling of solidarity with the present custodians.

I'm not well connected club wise, so don't know how much is true and how much is media driven.

Let's just say that I have concerns. So do some others I know.

Last night Charles Green told me that Arif Naqvi was behind Blue Pitch Holdings.

I'm having a wee bit of trouble reconciling what he told me with the following statement he made on the Rangers Official site on 20 October 2012.

CHARLES GREEN, Chief Executive, issued the following statement today:

â??There has been renewed speculation and media comment recently regarding the current shareholders in The Rangers Football Club.

â??A full list of current shareholders will be published in the share prospectus which will be issued within the next few weeks.

â??A lot of attention has focused on investment funds which have taken a shareholding in the Club to date.

"For example, I would like to clarify that in the case of Blue Pitch Holdings, the legal beneficiary is Mazen Houssami and not Arif Naqvi of Abraaj Capital.

"Mr Naqvi is a personal friend of mine and I approached him early on in the process about a shareholding but he has not proceeded on the basis that the investment fell outside the core geography he invests in.�