If Charles Green Can Call a Spade a Spade So Can We

conversely, STB, he's had a year to convince us - and far from doing so, the smell of fish just keeps getting stronger.

Take your money, Charles, and fuck off - you're not the sort we need running and representing Rangers FC.

He's got some things wrong and by all means should get criticism, but he's done plenty for the club as well and deserves more respect than this imo.

Surely we need to see how the first couple of seasons go in the top flight before judging his reign with such finality? Obviously an extreme event like administration 2 would mean time up but despite hysteria we're hardly heading for that.

Clearly i'm pretty much a one man crusade on here now though, i'm not even trying to say Green is all wonderful especially after some recent events but I think a bit of middle ground and balance should be possible.

My thoughts precisely PapaBear.

Green's had enough time to convince me that my first impressions of him were harsh and instead of that he's only made my impression of him considerably worse. I don't trust the man or his partners at all and that's a worrying situation to be in when they're talking about massive restructuring at the club. If my instincts were telling me that they were going to restructure the club for the benefit of the club itself and not for their own benefit, then I maybe wouldn't have spoken up in this way, but my instincts are telling me they're going to dramatically cut costs at the club to improve the bottom line and increase dividend payments so that they can rape the club of as much cash as possible in a relatively short period of time. Obviously I can't prove this, but it's my gut feeling.

Yet if they weren't looking at restructuring do you think that would be right? If not seems a bit of a no win situation.

Maybe but if he wouldn't take any other role then we'd just need to say goodbye to him.

I am one of McCoist's (managerial bit) biggest critics but I am certain he will outlive Green at our club.

McCoist can end Green's time at Rangers tomorrow if he so wishes, And for all his failings as a manger I have seen so far, I am delighted he is in position and has that power.

I am one of McCoist's (managerial bit) biggest critics but I am certain he will outlive Green at our club.

McCoist can end Green's time at Rangers tomorrow if he so wishes, And for all his failings as a manger I have seen so far, I am delighted he is in position and has that power.

That may be the case in reaction to this week's stuff but when it blows over and we're back to the painful struggles against part time teams, this season and next, then Green will again have plenty willing him to make a change.

Yet if they weren't looking at restructuring do you think that would be right?

That's an irrelevant or moot point though because new owners were always going to have to restructure. The point I'm raising is whether it's done for the club's good or to make a handful of people richer. It's possible for the two not to be mutually exclusive and for the club's owners to try to do both, but that would be a long term project and I'm suggesting that's not what's going to happen here.

That's an irrelevant or moot point though because new owners were always going to have to restructure. The point I'm raising is whether it's done for the club's good or to make a handful of people richer. It's possible for the two not to be mutually exclusive and for the club's owners to try to do both, but that would be a long term project and I'm suggesting that's not what's going to happen here.

I don't think people would have bought into us in the third division if there wasn't a long term element.

Charles Green impressed many due to his willingness to take up the fight to the people who were out to destroy us. It was refreshing after the approach of Martin Bain, who was largely ineffective.

However, what qualifications does this guy have to be the CEO of Glasgow Rangers? Since he left Sheffield United in 1998 he seems to have floated around from pillar to post and there is little evidence to support that he is equipped to handle the position he is now occupying.

I totally share the reservations expressed in the previous posts. I fear that the main motivation for Mr Green being in his present position is not based on his ability to provide sound business leadership to the club but instead to use the club as a vehicle to make money but not for our club.

I will not be the only one who is cautious of people who keep saying how straight and honest they are.

Charles Green impressed many due to his willingness to take up the fight to the people who were out to destroy us. It was refreshing after the approach of Martin Bain, who was largely ineffective.

However, what qualifications does this guy have to be the CEO of Glasgow Rangers? Since he left Sheffield United in 1998 he seems to have floated around from pillar to post and there is little evidence to support that he is equipped to handle the position he is now occupying.

I totally share the reservations expressed in the previous posts. I fear that the main motivation for Mr Green being in his present position is not based on his ability to provide sound business leadership to the club but instead to use the club as a vehicle to make money but not for our club.

I will not be the only one who is cautious of people who keep saying how straight and honest they are.

I disagree, he wants to make money but I also think he is enjoying the challenge of getting us back to the top.