Show Racism the Red Card condemns Charles Green for racist language

I see were back to the moral high ground crap again, save your breath DB.

They will not listen until we attain some sort of unattainable heavenly perfection, and as we struggle and strive to find this perfection everybody and their granny is putting the boot in and doing what they damn well please.

They will not listen until we attain some sort of unattainable heavenly perfection, and as we struggle and strive to find this perfection everybody and their granny is putting the boot in and doing what they damn well please.

I call it common decency, not moral high ground.

They usually have done so and kept a dignified approach and silence on nigh all matters. Hence we ended up with Celtic running the media (campaigns) to their hearts' content, essentially the SPL and SFA too for these last 5 years. There is no paranoia linked to that, it is pretty clear on the evidence at hand. And while one evil does not make another evil better, I for one expect (and will fight for) no double standards. Hence, if the media cries foul of these remarks (and IMHO, PC is hyped up far too much on various levels anyway), I would have expected them to do the same at all the Scums' fall-outs these last few months, or TLB's at St.Mirren. But there's hardly a whisper ...

The comments by Green are nothing to do with the media. By all means complain about double standards when things are not reported or reported incorrectly, but that's a totally different subject.

The main main issue here are the comments by Green. Trying to deflect the issue by bringing in the media or what other teams have done in the past is wrong and is something that I would expect from Celtic.

The bottom line is that Green should not have said what he did and should be criticised.

It's also common decency to be treated the same way as everyone else, or you just get hatred and bitterness. Oh look just what we have in Scotland today what a shocker.

So in what way are you treated differently from everyone else? As a white, native English speaking male living in the west of Scotland I'm curious about the discrimination you face.

I wouldn't call not using racist comments "heavenly perfection".

You seem to be taking the approach that it's OK for people at the club to do what they want as long as others are puitting he boot into us. There may be times where that might apply but there are things that are unacceptable and this is one.

Green is not perfect. He deserves to be praised for the good stuff that he does and he should be criticised on other occasions. This is one of the latter.

I wouldn't call not using racist comments "heavenly perfection".

You seem to be taking the approach that it's OK for people at the club to do what they want as long as others are puitting he boot into us. There may be times where that might apply but there are things that are unacceptable and this is one.

Green is not perfect. He deserves to be praised for the good stuff that he does and he should be criticised on other occasions. This is one of the latter.

I agree he was stupid, but you seem to be missing DB's point, it has been blown all out of proportion, and you have to ask yourself if we would be seeing this level of scrutiny if it was someone out with Rangers.

So in what way are you treated differently from everyone else? As a white, native English speaking male living in the west of Scotland I'm curious about the discrimination you face.

The twist the point to make a point, I never noticed I was talking about myself in the post must have missed something or as usual your twisting it to suit yourself.

Wonder which one it is?

Serious answer ... I was not bothered to doublecheck Leo at 1 am in the morning and after doing it now, it is even less relevant. Nor that Gerhardt Reibold gives me any clue, or "squarehead Schröder" would be deemed offensive in a way similar to Green's comments.

The names are not of real people (well, they probably are, but I don't know anyone with those names) and are simply for effect to show that racism is not confined to people with different skin colours for example, the never ending references to Germany and Germans in a context of war and nazism? Or is it just "banter"?

It's also common decency to be treated the same way as everyone else, or you just get hatred and bitterness. Oh look just what we have in Scotland today what a shocker.

Is it so difficult to behave as a decent person should? Do we need gold star badges for being reasonable? Yes it would be nice if everyone was treated the same. If they were there would be no racism, misogyny, xenophobia etc in the world. But there is. Adding to it because 'it's no fair they get away with it' is childish and ignorant.

We either believe as a club & set of fans that we want to set the standard, that we want to be taken seriously or we don't. CG can come up with any excuse under the sun. A simple apology would have sufficed. I've never thought badly of CG or had an agenda but I cannot defend this whatsoever.

As fans we should hold our CEO up to a higher standard than this. Not pass it off, because Celtic seem to get an easier pass or whatever.