Show Racism the Red Card condemns Charles Green for racist language

The names are not of real people (well, they probably are, but I don't know anyone with those names) and are simply for effect to show that racism is not confined to people with different skin colours for example, the never ending references to Germany and Germans in a context of war and nazism? Or is it just "banter"?

As I said before, it is all about context. Who says what to whom and under which circumstance.

He spoke about Johnson (who I have no clue of, probably a Sheffield footballer?) being called "Darkie" Johnson ... jovially, back then ... and apparently no-one was bothered, including Johnson.

He terms his Rangers colleague "my Paki friend" ... to which Ahmad took offense? Has ever taken offense? No, the PC brigade does as if Green was at a political rally. Now those same reporters scream dogs abuse at him, those same PC-chaps are up in orbit ... and when they all meet each other at a football game or in a pub, they laugh at the "Huns" in the Third. Double standards.

Again, I clearly see the point that is being made by you and others. But I also see the faux outrage on the back of a (and heinously mistreated) serious issue.

And you can see here that the PC b(h)rigade is at it already.

Is it so difficult to behave as a decent person should? Do we need gold star badges for being reasonable? Yes it would be nice if everyone was treated the same. If they were there would be no racism, misogyny, xenophobia etc in the world. But there is. Adding to it because 'it's no fair they get away with it' is childish and ignorant.

We either believe as a club & set of fans that we want to set the standard, that we want to be taken seriously or we don't. CG can come up with any excuse under the sun. A simple apology would have sufficed. I've never thought badly of CG or had an agenda but I cannot defend this whatsoever.

As fans we should hold our CEO up to a higher standard than this. Not pass it off, because Celtic seem to get an easier pass or whatever.

Well said, Blue Mazza.

As I said before, it is all about context. Who says what to whom and under which circumstance.

He spoke about Johnson (who I have no clue of, probably a Sheffield footballer?) being called "Darkie" Johnson ... jovially, back then ... and apparently no-one was bothered, including Johnson.

He terms his Rangers colleague "my Paki friend" ... to which Ahmad took offense? Has ever taken offense? No, the PC brigade does as if Green was at a political rally. Now those same reporters scream dogs abuse at him, those same PC-chaps are up in orbit ... and when they all meet each other at a football game or in a pub, they laugh at the "Huns" in the Third. Double standards.

Again, I clearly see the point that is being made by you and others. But I also see the faux outrage on the back of a (and heinously mistreated) serious issue.

It is all about context - we all know you can say things amongst mates that you shouldn't say when you're the CEO of a company - even when the point you're (clumsily) trying to make is exactly that. He shouldn't be touching that subject with a barge pole.

Yes, it's all vaguely hypocritical, but CG ought to know that everything he says is going to be analysed. I'm happy enough with a good part of what he's achieved, but if you're the spokesman for an organisation, and a talking point in the media you have to think twice about what you say. Sometimes it seems he doesn't even think once.

See what I mean about the PC term? You're calling it the PC Brigade, rather than a bunch of people who don't tolerate racism in any form, including jokes/joviality. Just because you are not privvy to the inner thoughts of Ahmad, you shouldn't assume all is well.

One of the source citations shows this is a nightmare. Charlie being do as I say not as I do?

Being called a Yorkshire so-and-so is not comparative to the use of P*ki. In any form.

I await being called a handwringer.

The twist the point to make a point, I never noticed I was talking about myself in the post must have missed something or as usual your twisting it to suit yourself.

Wonder which one it is?

I'm not twisting anything. If you weren't referring to yourself then who were you referring too?

Is it so difficult to behave as a decent person should? Do we need gold star badges for being reasonable? Yes it would be nice if everyone was treated the same. If they were there would be no racism, misogyny, xenophobia etc in the world. But there is. Adding to it because 'it's no fair they get away with it' is childish and ignorant.

We either believe as a club & set of fans that we want to set the standard, that we want to be taken seriously or we don't. CG can come up with any excuse under the sun. A simple apology would have sufficed. I've never thought badly of CG or had an agenda but I cannot defend this whatsoever.

As fans we should hold our CEO up to a higher standard than this. Not pass it off, because Celtic seem to get an easier pass or whatever.

Jeez is everyone taking stupid pills today or are you all just missing DB's point to suit your agenda of having a kick at Green. Neither DB or myself are saying what he did was right we both said he was stupid.

But if you are going to pull Green up for racism then you have to do it with everybody in the same manor or all you are doing is let racism win. What DB pointed out but you all fail to grasp is this wouldn't have been half the story it is if it wasn't Rangers and that in my view makes them as bad as the racist on the street.

If you can't grasp that concept I'm sorry for you all.

Is isn't aimed solely at you BM so apologises if you think it was, you just happened to be the first post I got to.

I'm not twisting anything. If you weren't referring to yourself then who were you referring too?

Anyone who is unfairly highlighted while others are allowed to say and do what they like.

As for being White and English speaking meaning I don't get any discrimination, what world do you live on that only white English speaking people do the discriminating.

It would appear that you have made your mind up that only white people are racist which would be laughable if it wasn't so stupid.

I agree to what GA says above and in his analysis of my posts. Only that he was more blunt than I would have been. :flute:

So let's say that again:

Neither DB or myself are saying what he did was right we both said he was stupid.

Full stop!

He ought to do better. He's representing Rangers FC now and with that comes some sort of responsibility. YOu'd hope some high-up at Ibrox will tell him this sooner rather than later.

Jeez is everyone taking stupid pills today or are you all just missing DB's point to suit your agenda of having a kick at Green. Neither DB or myself are saying what he did was right we both said he was stupid.

But if you are going to pull Green up for racism then you have to do it with everybody in the same manor or all you are doing is let racism win. What DB pointed out but you all fail to grasp is this wouldn't have been half the story it is if it wasn't Rangers and that in my view makes them as bad as the racist on the street.

If you can't grasp that concept I'm sorry for you all.

Is isn't aimed solely at you BM so apologises if you think it was, you just happened to be the first post I got to.

No you are failing to grasp pretty much any of my points. What he said isn't merely 'stupid'.

I would and do make comment on people who use offensive terms such as he did. I don't control the media. However I don't see it as an excuse to say 'oh well, clearly it's just an attack on Rangers'. Yes it is, but in this case it is justified imo.

I've also stated I've had no agenda against Green. I've thought he has been reasonable but this has pissed me off and is not excusable.

(general 'you' ;) )

Anyone who is unfairly highlighted while others are allowed to say and do what they like.

As for being White and English speaking meaning I don't get any discrimination, what world do you live on that only white English speaking people do the discriminating.

It would appear that you have made your mind up that only white people are racist which would be laughable if it wasn't so stupid.

Fuck me, so who is twisting now? I asked what discrimination you've received, nothing else, but good attempt at a strawman GA.

Green wasn't unfairly highlighted, he deserves all the stick he's getting. If you think the CEO of any other major football club or indeed any prominent organisation in this country could give an interview to the Sun where he admits to calling a British Asian '"my Paki friend" and he wouldn't be criticised for it you're sniffing glue mate.