Show Racism the Red Card condemns Charles Green for racist language

He made a racist comment, surely we cant deny that. Making a racist comment, however, is far from being a racist. I doubt he is a racist but he really, really needs to actually engage his brain prior to opening his mouth.

What he said was racist. And no official of our club should be making racist comments. EVER. There should be an expectation of standards of behaviour at the club and whilst I still support CG and the job he is doing, it is becoming increasingly more difficult to accept him as the mouthpiece of the club. This is where the likes of Traynor or even McCoist should be used - they are far better, more balanced and acutely aware of the profile that statements from RFC officials will see.

CG needs to take a break from the public eye - get on with the job behind the scenes and let someone else make the club's public statements. It is embarrassing.

Going round in circles again on here, I hope you all come out guns blazing the next time somebody puts his foot in his mouth and its not on the front and back pages, the same way you have with Charlie.

And not the its not us so it doesn't matter get out clause. :)

Going round in circles again on here, I hope you all come out guns blazing the next time somebody puts his foot in his mouth and its not on the front and back pages, the same way you have with Charlie.

And not the its not us so it doesn't matter get out clause. :)

ANYONE making racist comments should be brought to task. It is stupidity - we may not agree with how PC the world has gone (some will say it is racism but we all know that there is faux outrage at much of this - personally I think the PC world is over the top) but given they are deemed to be racist comments then they should be brought to task.

Example.... living in Bermuda 60% of the population is African-American... my mother came out on holiday and made a flippant comment about a "darkie" - and I can tell you that I certainly didnt laugh it off. As soon as I got home from work I sat her down and explained to her how that is unacceptable. She was a bit shocked at me for telling her off about it but she understood that it isnt acceptable and no longer uses it. I am not making any defence for her, or CG, but they do come from a different generation where these types of things were almost acceptable. Not in this day and age and thankfully my Mum taught herself the rights and wrongs of it all, after my harsh words.

ANYONE making racist comments should be brought to task. It is stupidity - we may not agree with how PC the world has gone (some will say it is racism but we all know that there is faux outrage at much of this - personally I think the PC world is over the top) but given they are deemed to be racist comments then they should be brought to task.

Example.... living in Bermuda 60% of the population is African-American... my mother came out on holiday and made a flippant comment about a "darkie" - and I can tell you that I certainly didnt laugh it off. As soon as I got home from work I sat her down and explained to her how that is unacceptable. She was a bit shocked at me for telling her off about it but she understood that it isnt acceptable and no longer uses it. I am not making any defence for her, or CG, but they do come from a different generation where these types of things were almost acceptable. Not in this day and age and thankfully my Mum taught herself the rights and wrongs of it all, after my harsh words.

Never argued he shouldn't, although everybody except DB seems to think I've condoned his stupid comment.

All I and DB pointed out was I hope the outrage and media coverage is the same the next time a foot in mouth moment happens in Scottish Football, somehow I doubt it.

Never argued he shouldn't, although everybody except DB seems to think I've condoned his stupid comment.

All I and DB pointed out was I hope the outrage and media coverage is the same the next time a foot in mouth moment happens in Scottish Football, somehow I doubt it.

I never made any mention ofd you condoning anything he said.

I am generally only interested in what is best for Rangers and my interest in other clubs is only in so far as it impacts on Rangers.

I would also agree that there is a lack of fairness when it comes to reporting on Rangers, that is not hard to see. However, in this instance I am only concerned that these statements are unacceptable and tarnish the image of our club.

One thing's for sure: Green & co won't be even remotely surprised by the stormy reaction to the racist remarks. I believe they've achieved what they set out to.

So you believe then it's bad news to cover worse news?

If I've read that right, does not scare the shit out of you as to what the worse news is?

As I said before, it is all about context. Who says what to whom and under which circumstance.

He spoke about Johnson (who I have no clue of, probably a Sheffield footballer?) being called "Darkie" Johnson ... jovially, back then ... and apparently no-one was bothered, including Johnson.

He terms his Rangers colleague "my Paki friend" ... to which Ahmad took offense? Has ever taken offense?

Do you seriously think for a second that Johnson wasn't bothered by being called 'Darkie' or that Ahmad enjoys being called Paki? Seriously? Have you ever seen 'The Office'?

Do you seriously think for a second that Johnson wasn't bothered by being called 'Darkie' or that Ahmad enjoys being called Paki? Seriously? Have you ever seen 'The Office'?

I can't speak for Johnson or Ahmad, I never saw or see no reaction from them either. I do not know how Ahmad calls his friend Green, nor how Johnson called his team-mates from Wales and whatnot. It doesn't really matter here., for that was not the point.

"The Office"? Nope. And I doubt I need any further education on racism either. I perfectly got the point all along, as could have been concluded with my replies above.