15 Live Rangers Games on Satellite TV...

The question is, whether this can be legally challenged, as e.g. Rangers are required to move fixtures and thus ask supporters to change travel arrangements et al accordingly ... far more often than any other team in their division. Sporting integrity springs to mind, something that can be brought up at higher levels than the SFA, with a dossier of 2008 attached to it.

I highly doubt you will be able to legally challenge it on the basis of rescheduling - that is the prerogative of the authorities - one has to assume that as a member (or associate member on our part) that you allow the authorities to determine fixture dates

Another post lifted from FF:

Can anyone verify this?

...this season and we receive a total of £10,000 or £666 66 per game. The deal negotiated by Doncaster and Lawwell with Sky/ESPN is for £1m per season for three seasons. So we aee geting 1per cent of the cash fo providing about 40per cent of the televised games.

Unsurprisingly, the vast majority of the £1m is going to the Fhilth. We are being right royally phuqued and will continue to be unless or until the corrupt regime controlling the SPL/SFA is removed.

evert sfl club gets the same as us so that about 300k per year to sfl clubs. infact i think its 11k each so basically none of the 1 million will go to celtc.

Who owns the rights to the televised games - the club or the authorities ? Certainly the SPL or SFA wouldnt allow us to carry archived games on the website so it seems we dont have a say in that particular matter - but that may not be the case with the SFL - I simply dont know.

Zappa's right it's the SFL. I wrote to the SFL in January asking about our voting rights and our TV rights and here is their answer.

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,

Thanks for your earlier message.

Rangers F.C. are an associate member club of the SFL and, as such, have no voting rights until they become a full member of the League which is achieved after four successive years as an associate member.

All central contracts, including television contracts, are negotiated on behalf of all clubs, by the governing body.

Kind regards,

SFL

Guest Bazaar

Reading all the talk on whether or not its Rangers choice to sign or not i cannot help but think there is an effective alternative that forces the hand.

If we are "made to accept" the contract then simply close the gantrys at ibrox. Nothing can be done away from home but Sky/sfa/spl won't be long in negotiating if the access at ibrox is a single camera with a poor view.

Immediately the League complains and we simply say we are allowing same access as you get at most sfl grounds (which don't have the facilities)

Reading all the talk on whether or not its Rangers choice to sign or not i cannot help but think there is an effective alternative that forces the hand.

If we are "made to accept" the contract then simply close the gantrys at ibrox. Nothing can be done away from home but Sky/sfa/spl won't be long in negotiating if the access at ibrox is a single camera with a poor view.

Immediately the League complains and we simply say we are allowing same access as you get at most sfl grounds (which don't have the facilities)

Interesting idea, but I'm not even sure if we could get away with that because I think what would be most likely to happen is Sky would force the SPL to threaten the SFL with non payment of the Sky broadcasting cash which wouldn't be a problem for us with it being a small amount, but it would be a problem for the SFL.

It is an interesting idea though and I do think we could get away with restricting access in a similar way for the Pacific Quay bhoys. We did that under Whyte, although I have to say that I think it probably caused us more trouble with the beeb than it was worth because it just infuriated them and made them get out the sharper knives.