Time To Back Charles Green

http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/2013/04/11/time-to-back-charles-green/

I warned a while back that there was a concerted campaign in full swing to discredit Rangers CEO Charles Green.

Evidence of that can be clearly seen in the media virtually every day as the press pack seek to bring the controversial Yorkshireman down – all in the service of another club CEO.

Having said that, Big Chuck has done himself no favours with some of his recent pronouncements and I have not been slow to say so in this blog.

Right on cue, the SFA have now issued Green with a notice of complaint in regards to his so-called racist remarks . Green has responded by pointing out he was trying, in his own clumsy way, to prove he was not a racist.

I for one believe him.

People forget that Charles Green does a lot of business with the Asian community. There is simply no way that he could do this if he was known to have racist views or opinions.

Another thing that Green is being pilloried for is his claim that Manchester United back his proposals for Rangers to play in England.

But I have often pointed out that Charles Green has a massive network of friends in English football and beyond.

If he says Man U want Rangers in the English leagues, again, I believe him. I also know for a fact that other big name clubs have given Big Chuck a thumbs-up to the idea.

In fact, Gordon Strachan’s claims today that both Rangers and Celtic will be out of Scottish football within ten years is an indirect confirmation of Green’s claims.

Charles Green networks constantly with clubs on the continent in order to facilitate the next phase of football – a European league with Rangers in it.

I appreciate recently that Green has made a few errors – the sticky business over Craig Whyte’s involvement was always going to be something the new Rangers regime would rather not have come up.

But it has and Green has embarrassingly – though understandably – admitted his culpability in playing Craig Whyte JR Ewing-style to get his hands on the shares and assets.

It doesn’t make pleasant reading but it is part of the cut-throat world of business and let’s not forget – Rangers is a business.

Rangers fans are beginning to question Green and this is not a bad thing. He has always welcomed close inspection to be fair.

And my own line is that Rangers fans should not trust the CEO – not when they can monitor him. Maybe one day that will change and Big Chuck will prove himself worthy of more trust.

So I am not saying to trust the man currently at the helm of Rangers Football Club.

I am, however, advocating, that at this moment in time Rangers supporters should back Charles Green to the hilt.

To be brutally frank, what other option is there? There are already too many splits and factions inside Ibrox. Turning on the one man who has the power to cash out by selling Rangers to the biggest rogue with money he can find is not wisdom.

And it’s time Rangers fan stopped talking the loyal talk and started walking the loyal walk. Sadly, the bluenose support is one of the most fickle around.

Backing Charles Green unreservedly would be a great way of showing Rangers’ detractors that the Rangers family is united for once.

To put things into perspective, so far all Green has done is make a few poorly-thought-out comments about his relationship with Imran Ahmad. His confessions to dealings with Craig Whyte do not constitute a hanging offence in my opinion.

Tricking the trickster could arguably be a commendable act.

As for Green’s hype and bluster, he is a salesman and it’s his job to sell Rangers.

The greatest threat to Rangers right now is if the fans do what the club’s enemies want and turn on Charles Green.

I won’t be doing that.

I am backing the man who saved Rangers from oblivion.

While keeping a canny eye on him, of course…

Edited by ian1964

over the next few days & weeks CG must step us his attack on the SFA/SPL. If this 12 12 18 nonsense goes thro' and we're in the 18 he must go all out to sabotage them by destroying their much-needed finance from SKY deals & sponsorships. We must stop subsidising these parasites

Lifted from FF:

We as a support were guilty of putting our head in the sand last time with Whyte and I feel we are doing it again with Green, he clearly is not fit to be the front man of Rangers, I have, like many others, given him time to prove his worth but for me the time has run out and we cant sit here and blame the media for attacking us when he sets himself and us for a huge fall.....here are just some of the reasons why I am extremely worried and why we sadly need to change once again:

• £25k cheque bounces but accounts 3 days later show £25k amount being withdrawn as ‘loan’

• Duff&Duffer say they have a ‘legally binding contract’ to sell to 5088 so that’s either backing up Whytes claim that he owned the assets and they were transferred without permission or a claim for against D&P for breach of contract selling to sevco Scotland .

• Not one of Greens claims has materialised, Adidas deal, Dallas Cowboys, Murray Park naming rights never happened, 500million global audience from where?

• If Whyte can prove they were in it together however briefly then Green has lied to SFA for licence and it’ll be void.

• How much of the £22m is liquid cash and not promissory notes (whereby someone promises to pay money at a later date) so shares were sold on the condition that money would be transferred at some point in the future. Not saying this happened here but all shares could have been bought with promissory notes to pay in the future so the company could be owed £22m and have nowt in the bank.

• £137.5k that was paid to green allegedly by whyte is coincidentally equal to a 4 way split of the 10% deposit of the purchase price of £5.5m, odd!

• Why haven’t BDO moved to start a case of gratuitous alienation (deliberately selling assets undervalue at the expense of creditors) could it be that £5.5m was a fair price for the business EXCLUDING the stadia and that Bomber was right about the ‘title deeds’?

• Why did Whyte move to stop companies house from dissolving his liberty capital/liberty corporate vehicle which was the company that held the floating charge over the assets? Surely if he no longer had the rights to them then the company is useless?

If the club is embarking on a series of changes as part of a so-called 'restructuring' process, then it's crystal clear that the club deserves a far better CEO and I think now is as good a time as any to expect the club to deal with that and replace Green who's chaotic antics make him completely divisive at a time when the club requires unity and stability.

Time to back Rangers, I say.

Time to bring together a fractured support and time to repair the fractures within Ibrox.

Our enemies are many and while we are so divided, we are easy prey.

I can foresee a summer to match or better the last one. Not that there was anything good or enjoyable about it.

In this present situation, I think CG is damaged goods, and is now unable to draw on unified support.

There's only one man I can immediately think of who could draw our support together and circle the wagons.

Walter to be CEO, chief strategist and sole spokesman.

Time to back Rangers.

What the hell are Smith's business qualifications or track record to be a CEO? At least Green has had those roles before.

The support will always be divided for one reason and another, to think Green's departure would make any significant difference to that is deluded.

Fair enough you can accuse me of being deluded.

My take is that the most important skill needed in a CEO is that of being a class man manager.

When you can manage your staff effectively you need little other skills. You acquire the skills you need and you manage them to achieve your objectives.

My opinion is that Walter's man management skills are of the highest order. He commands great respect in the game and is a savvy media manipulator. He lives and breathes Rangers.

All of the above are qualities I fail to see in CG.