SFA Statement on Reconstruction

They really are shameless.

They are actually extremely dangerous.

Scottish football is on the brink.

Regan and Doncaster have presided over the most bitter divided period in Scottish football history. Not only that, we have plummeted to depths we have never experienced before.

Someone must really stop these two before there is no way back.

We are very close to that now.

it's truly frightening that no one cares or sees it.

They are actually extremely dangerous.

Scottish football is on the brink.

Regan and Doncaster have presided over the most bitter divided period in Scottish football history. Not only that, we have plummeted to depths we have never experienced before.

Someone must really stop these two before there is no way back.

We are very close to that now.

it's truly frightening that no one cares or sees it.

Absolutely and I'd add that the Scottish FA under Stewart Regan's tenure is reeking more and more of corruption by the day.

Professional Game Board is a fancy name for corrupt cabal and would be more accurately described if called Professional Gangster Board.

Regan and his 'PGB' who are essentially running the show have set themselves up so that they generally can't be held accountable for anything either because a massive portion of the actual decision making is now done by supposedly independent panels, tribunals etc.

You'd have to think that all of this so-called 'independent' decision making is an extremely costly way for the SFA to be run and it looks to me as though it's little more than a huge financial drain on Scottish football for the purpose of Regan and his personnel body swerving the responsibilities that their jobs traditionally came with.

It's a horrific state of affairs when the SFA under Regan are throwing away money on simple decision making procedures & processes while most of Scottish football's clubs are struggling financially.

It's high time that Scottish football fans all got together and threw these corrupt leaches out on the street. Take back the SFA and get a cooperative of the game's real fans in Scotland to run it properly for half what it costs now and put the money saved back into the actual game where it belongs.

Edited by Zappa

They really are shameless.

They are desperate and needed that vote to go through. There was no way they could just accept the vote, they need a deal to keep some clubs and the league afloat.

I dont know why but I can just see them pulling something out of the hat. We need to put all our internal issues aside and not let them live of a TV deal which is funded by Rangers.

We don't have a vote, and can't give a mandate.

If we were to be disenfranchised and financially severely affected by the SFA/SFL/SPL acting extraordinarily out with their rules, surely we have a clear case for legal action - if not the Club, then the RFFF.

Edited by bluebear54

And who are the SFA's PGB ,O'Regan,Lieswell etc,. aye right,we'll let them sort it out and I don't think.

To be fair the SFA Professional Game board is a broader church than you might expect -

Chairman: Rod Petrie (Scottish FA)

Members: Jim Ballantyne (SFL), Neil Doncaster (SPL), Peter Lawwell (SPL), David Longmuir (SFL), Alan McRae (Scottish FA), Campbell Ogilvie (Scottish FA), Stewart Regan (Scottish FA), Sandy Stables (SHFL) and Ralph Topping (SPL)

There are certainly a few of the usual suspects on that but I'll take a bit of convincing that Jim Ballantyne, David Longmuir, Sandy Stables and Cambell Ogilvie are Lawell's stooges.

From an SFA perspective they are very worried that if a deal can't be done Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hearts and Kilmarnock will almost certainly slip into administration, and clubs like Motherwell, ICT, St Johnstone and many Div 1 clubs will need to go part-time. This terrifies them, and I suppose as the governing body it should concern them. That they are culpable for causing or at least allowing this scenario to be created is kind of lost on them.

I think I could live with a deal that saw the league bodies uniting into one, a greater 'trickle' down of revenue, a change to the voting structure on all issues and no change to the leagues next season.

But at some point the debt being carried by football clubs needs to be cleared, either by someone writing it off or more likely by administration, the sooner this happens the sooner we can all start looking forward.

I still don't understand why they can't take certain parts of the deal which I think everyone agrees with i.e wealth distribution, play-offs, single league body and implement that first.

Problem Scotland has that there are just not enough teams to have a competitive 18 or 20 team league

I think I could live with a deal that saw the league bodies uniting into one, a greater 'trickle' down of revenue, a change to the voting structure on all issues and no change to the leagues next season.

But at some point the debt being carried by football clubs needs to be cleared, either by someone writing it off or more likely by administration, the sooner this happens the sooner we can all start looking forward.

As others have said elsewhere....the actual reconstruction of the leagues is nothing more than shuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic. The issues listed above are the really important bits (for me...).

Much has also been said about clubs struggling financially due to the plans being booted oot. A number of these clubs are struggling NOW, so cash from reconstruction, which wouldn't be available for another few months at the earliest is a bit of a red herring.

I have also not seen ANY evidence of where all this extra revenue is gonna come from. Do the SPL have a potential sponsor lined up....a deal that is 100% dependent on reconstruction??? If the extra revenue is simply from the league prize money, this won't arrive in club bank accounts until the end of the season....not gonna help any financial issues just now.

I get the impression that a number of clubs & the SPL are using the defeated plans as a convenient excuse for having nae cash. Clubs have been run outwith their means, and now its coming back to bite them on the arse.

Step 1: Dissolve the FAILED SPL - it hasn't worked.

Step 2: Get all senior clubs back under the umbrella of the SFL

Step 3: apply a redistributed money package

Step 4: Bring in financial measures ensuring that clubs live within their means & enforce it

Step 5: Bring in/back regulations to have a minimum number of Scottish (Possibly expand to British) players in your match day squad - help develop & maintain our own talent.

Once that is done, then start looking at the league structure again.

The reason they don't want a single league body first is that the SPL want to retain a disproportionate control of the funding and control to protect themselves. They want to force through all the financial stuff and league structure to their agenda with any changes to the governing body.

The refinancing to lower leagues was mostly speculative. The SPL would have to earn a certain amount before the trickle down took effect and at the moment I doubt they'd reach those thresholds.

Scottish/British player quota would be against EU laws. I think the UEFA model has been approved using age and length of time playing in a league. Therefore a Czech youth would qualify and if he stayed five years he'd also qualify as an adult.

I totally agree that we should introduce a debt limit but with the intricacies of business could be hard to enforce. Turnover is a poor metric to base it against and will make it less expedient to subcontract anything. Perhaps it should be based on tickets sales plus TV money.