SFA Statement on Reconstruction

From an SFA perspective they are very worried that if a deal can't be done Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hearts and Kilmarnock will almost certainly slip into administration, and clubs like Motherwell, ICT, St Johnstone and many Div 1 clubs will need to go part-time.

In other words, when *we* go into administration because of the actions of a crook, (and one that was deemed by officialdom to be a 'fit and proper person'), then the full weight of the footballing law is brought to punish us as severely as was legally possible -and indeed more, since they made up a few punishments of their own just for good measure. "That'll be a£60 fine and three points on your license for speeding sir. Oh, and because you're a Rangers fan, we'll shoot your dog, too."

However, when the self-same dregs, that couldn't stab us in the back quickly enough, have to go into administration not because of the actions of a single carpetbagging crook, but because of their own mismanagement of their own clubs, then they can't change the entire system fast enough to save themselves.

An utterly boak-inducing shower of morality-free slimeballs, so they are.

Scottish/British player quota would be against EU laws. I think the UEFA model has been approved using age and length of time playing in a league. Therefore a Czech youth would qualify and if he stayed five years he'd also qualify as an adult.

They need to do SOMETHING to encourage youth development into the 1st teams. How they do it, I'm not exactly sure. For too long the bigger teams have simply relied on buying in replacements rather than looking to the youths/reserves. We have HAD to do it this season, and as a result there have been a number of shining lights emerged with huge potential. In the long term, this can only help the Scottish game.

I totally agree that we should introduce a debt limit but with the intricacies of business could be hard to enforce. Turnover is a poor metric to base it against and will make it less expedient to subcontract anything. Perhaps it should be based on tickets sales plus TV money.

Again, I'm not sure how they would regulate the financial side of things, but I think closer scrutiny & control wouldn't go amiss....

Didn't Charles Green say it was for 1 year only?

He says an awful lot of things. These rarely have a connection with reality. I think he said something about him having signed it for one year only. Since he has nothing to do with the deal and signs nothing with regard to it, I think we can put it down as yet more hot air/spin.