Official site Statement today

Guest cail

They arent helping solely dodgy businessmen (though I know you are fishing). Deloitte are a very reputable firm. It is almost guaranteed that the investigators will work in a silo from any other group that deal with Green personally, in order to protect the firm's reputation as well as that of the investigation itself.

I had it here myself when one of our companies was going through a liquidation (funnily enough). We employ KPMG as our auditors and also used them for the liquidation of one of our companies. It was actually very frustrating having to explain something to the liquidators that you had already, multiple times, explained to the auditors. However, you could tell that they worked independently for the very reason as to prevent conflict of interest.

I would like to think Deloitte would do the same - but we can never tell. And it may be for that very reason, that employing a different firm may have been wiser - even so, undoubtedly, somebody would have found a tenuous link between whichever firm was hired.

I dont believe they "earned" over 30 billion last year - unless by "earned" you mean revenues. My perception of "earned" is profit, not revenue.

Can't argue with any of that and yes, my dodgy businessmen comment was totally tongue-in-cheek. ;)

Basically, I would expect a massive company like Deloitte to be trustworthy in a case like this, but as you say, we never can tell.

Yes, I meant revenues, revenues they earned.

Nothing's impossible but we do need to take a step back from the conspiracy theories sometimes.

I agree with that as an aim objectively speaking.

However I find it hard to achieve after the actions of say: MIM, Lloyds, BBC, D&P, SFA, SPL BBC, Channel 4.....

I fear that the last few years have scarred me for life

Oh and Harper Collins yet another another "reputable firm". RangersMedia were absolutely sure there was a conflict of interest there when they were dealing with us and and are now absolutely sure that there is no possibility of there being any conflict of interest within Deloitte. Then again they support Deloitte just because Mark Dingwall does not. Their entire "thought" processes seemed determined by a hatred of FF....when, as we all know, they should be being shaped by a hatred of septic. ;-)

Edited by SteveC

Remind me - who was in charge of LBG's Scottish business division when SDM 'sold' to Whyte ?

Did they allow their footballing allegiances(and maybe religious & political too) to blackmail SDM into selling knowing full well what was likely to happen when Whyte got control ? certainly would have seemed to have helped their chosen club as things transpired did it not?

Never trust these organisations because of their name.They're only as honest, transparent & trustworthy as who they choose to employ. Some good some not. We've found that out have we not?

Edited by RANGERRAB

We Rangers fans do have a habit of thinking reputable firms are in on a plot to screw us

its not that, it's that they can't clear him.

we would be as well asking greens mum to investigate him.

for green and Zeus sake they need to get actual indipendent people in. unless they have something to hide of course.

its not that, it's that they can't clear him.

we would be as well asking greens mum to investigate him.

for green and Zeus sake they need to get actual indipendent people in. unless they have something to hide of course.

Easy solution.

I will investigate him.