TRS Exclusive: Ibrox Leak?

The point is the IP address that is posting the information is seen to be Ahmad's work station on a trace, not the WiFi connected device. You don't have to be in the building to gain remote access. You could even be in a car. You need imagination to create a conspiracy theory.

Usually the most logical answer is the correct one.

I dont doubt the plausibility of this but what is telling is the silence from the club when, if it wasnt Ahmad, could have been dispelled very, very quickly.

Usually the most logical answer is the correct one.

I dont doubt the plausibility of this but what is telling is the silence from the club when, if it wasnt Ahmad, could have been dispelled very, very quickly.

I suppose that would mean we would need to know the truthful facts right from the beginning. I only contrived this story because technically it is feasible, but without facts who can disprove it to be the nonsense it is?

I suppose that would mean we would need to know the truthful facts right from the beginning. I only contrived this story because technically it is feasible, but without facts who can disprove it to be the nonsense it is?

Give me the choice of the story that TRS put out and the "contrived" one you just gave I know which one I would place my belief in. Sorry to say it wouldnt be yours.

Again, you seem to have this belief that you need to know the proof befor you believe - and because TRS havent given it to you then you refuse to believe that this is true. That is your prerogative. But TRS are under no obligation to provide you with that proof. They have, we are led to believe, given that proof to the club, which is who SHOULD see it, not you or I. Also, again, TRS have not asked you to believe their story at all.

In fact, all they did do, was to put a post on their site stating that they believe Ahmad has been making these postings - nowhere, nor at any point, have they asked fans to believe them. Nowhere have they asked for fans to support their post. They have simply informed the fans of a situation they believe to be factually correct.

It is YOUR choice, and your choice alone, as to whether you believe them or not. I suspect that of those who have read the story you are very much in the minority of not believing it (which, admittedly, doesnt make you wrong).

I think we should take into account that a fair number of guys have staked their personal reputation as well as the reputation of their website/s on stating that they are completely convinced that it was genuinely Imran Ahmad divulging information about the club on a forum.

The source of their proof doesn't matter if the information is accurate and if it's true that the club are acting on it as well and Ahmad will now no longer be in a job, then it's an open & shut case for me.

TBH, I expected Ahmad to be following close on Green's heels and leaving anyway because of the toxic connections to Whyte. If there's been any back-stabbing or stitching up of Ahmad himself, it would probably only be to avoid having to give him half a million quid of the club's money when he doesn't deserve it.

I think they have been cahoots with a member or members of the forum in questions admin or moderators team. They can and will deny it all day long of course. It looks obvious to me. Sure, in public some things are not allowed but behind closed doors, all sorts goes on.

Edited by Super Cooper

Give me the choice of the story that TRS put out and the "contrived" one you just gave I know which one I would place my belief in. Sorry to say it wouldnt be yours. I did say it was contrived nonsense.

Again, you seem to have this belief that you need to know the proof befor you believe - and because TRS havent given it to you then you refuse to believe that this is true. That is your prerogative. But TRS are under no obligation to provide you with that proof. They have, we are led to believe, given that proof to the club, which is who SHOULD see it, not you or I. Also, again, TRS have not asked you to believe their story at all.

In fact, all they did do, was to put a post on their site stating that they believe Ahmad has been making these postings - nowhere, nor at any point, have they asked fans to believe them. Nowhere have they asked for fans to support their post. They have simply informed the fans of a situation they believe to be factually correct.

It is YOUR choice, and your choice alone, as to whether you believe them or not. I suspect that of those who have read the story you are very much in the minority of not believing it (which, admittedly, doesnt make you wrong).

I think we should take into account that a fair number of guys have staked their personal reputation as well as the reputation of their website/s on stating that they are completely convinced that it was genuinely Imran Ahmad divulging information about the club on a forum.

The source of their proof doesn't matter if the information is accurate and if it's true that the club are acting on it as well and Ahmad will now no longer be in a job, then it's an open & shut case for me.

TBH, I expected Ahmad to be following close on Green's heels and leaving anyway because of the toxic connections to Whyte. If there's been any back-stabbing or stitching up of Ahmad himself, it would probably only be to avoid having to give him half a million quid of the club's money when he doesn't deserve it.

I disagree with you that anyone who posts an opinion on these blogs is not asking me to believe them - see the bolded part in Zappa's reply. They may not have come right out and said "I want you to believe me" but the request is implied by the very fact they are posting on well respected web sites. Look at the quote from Shane on CRO's web site today "by Shane Nicholson | Executive Editor

First off, the people asking for clarification on "sources" or whatever else you want in relation to The Rangers Standard's and our own reporting on Imran the other day, I don't know what to tell you beside take it at face value and move on. If you don't believe it now then you never will."

Right there he is making the case for us to take his statements as truth, because as I read it between the lines, his hands are tied as to whether he can tell us more. Even you yourself, and me also I suppose, by the fact we are posting on this forum are asking ( silently ) readers to believe what we post. How else can a man expect to gain respect by his written words if the silent implication to believe what he writes is not extended to his reader? I have enjoyed the discussion, but I think we have reached the point where we should agree to disagree and move on. I shall leave you with a favourite quote -

“Nobody will know you for your secret thoughts. Ask the Lord for wisdom to express them” - Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Yes, I was a moderator there for a year or two a while back.

I don't know of any forum that would share such private information with others. But websites and forums are never overly secure so I'd always urge caution in that regard.

I was an RM mod too back in the day and I'd be surprised at anyone handing out such info particularly in such a high profile shit storm inducing case.

But I agree with your wider point, my work has brought me into contact with a couple of infosec guys, so called 'ethical hackers' and to be honest these guys could be into the backend of most forums in minutes. And that's the good guys...

For a high profile person to post on a public forum and to expect it to be completely anonymous and safe is naive IMO ...