TRS Exclusive: Ibrox Leak?

I was an RM mod too back in the day and I'd be surprised at anyone handing out such info particularly in such a high profile shit storm inducing case.

But I agree with your wider point, my work has brought me into contact with a couple of infosec guys, so called 'ethical hackers' and to be honest these guys could be into the backend of most forums in minutes. And that's the good guys...

For a high profile person to post on a public forum and to expect it to be completely anonymous and safe is naive IMO ...

I wonder if you could ask your infosec friends if they agree or disagree with the information in post #186. I would be interested to know if they disagree with this information.

I was an RM mod too back in the day and I'd be surprised at anyone handing out such info particularly in such a high profile shit storm inducing case.

But I agree with your wider point, my work has brought me into contact with a couple of infosec guys, so called 'ethical hackers' and to be honest these guys could be into the backend of most forums in minutes. And that's the good guys...

For a high profile person to post on a public forum and to expect it to be completely anonymous and safe is naive IMO ...

Who were you on RM?

@Barca your technical understanding of this is a country mile off sorry.

The IP as you call it(public ip recorded when you post on a forum), will be shared by everyone on the network/domain.

Without getting to technical because I don't think you will understand your comparison to party poker has no relevance whatsoever.

@meandmyweepaljoe.. it would surprise you rise in connections from a VPN to public forums these days.. not going to say its impossible to trace the internal IP though :whistle:

Edited by blueflag

@Barca to explain it a little

your correct, a RDC session could let you have the same IP as Ahmed.

however there is no need to even do that.. anyone connected to the same network as Ahmed could post a message and it would show the same public ip

So unless theres been help from the sys admin of the rangers internal network the proof 99% didn't come from his IP address.

I have no doubt that people could vpn to a server then out to a forum or use a citrix style detour. I know also that not much is secure out there a quick look on http://www.shodanhq.com/ proves that!

I was trying to deal with Barca's muddled technical argument in language that was as non-patronising as I could. #epicfail :laugh:

I install a lot of internet facing devices in my day job and we try to protect it but it is a very tough call.

I just think that in the issue we are discussing it is unlikely that anyone has traced an IP address back to someones desk :D

Hmm, i've been on there since 2007 and I can't remember you. :D

EDIT: Or maybe I do but you've been on so little...

I was there in the early days of CR, Dado, Coop, MadCow, Sneddon, JeffCrapInTheHead and co. I attended a few meets as well. I'm still on there but mostly as a lurker...

Next time I see you on there I'll say hello :rfc:

Edited by MeAndMyWeePalJoe