TRS Exclusive: Ibrox Leak?

I agree that these are just allegations. Whether Imran Ahmad should resign or be fired is not the point. I am surprised that a blog like TRS would publish this story without a verifiable source. This kind of behaviour is better left to the Sun or the rhebel, whom everybody now takes with a pinch of salt. This kind of story can do nothing other than raise the level of concern and anxiety of the fans. I am disappointed in TRS and I think they should have communicated their suspicions directly to the club and let them release the details once they have been confirmed.

Communicate confidentially them to whom in the club? All info seems to go straight to the Sun, Rhebel or BBCeltic in seconds from our club and if not that they might be giving the info to someone working for IA.....

I agree though that the situation of a so-far unconfirmed (or denied) allegation of this magnitude is causing high anxiety

I agree that these are just allegations. Whether Imran Ahmad should resign or be fired is not the point. I am surprised that a blog like TRS would publish this story without a verifiable source. This kind of behaviour is better left to the Sun or the rhebel, whom everybody now takes with a pinch of salt. This kind of story can do nothing other than raise the level of concern and anxiety of the fans. I am disappointed in TRS and I think they should have communicated their suspicions directly to the club and let them release the details once they have been confirmed.

The flip side is that after the events of the past couple of years, if the story is true, then the fans deserve to know what someone like Imran Ahmad is getting up to on Rangers forums. It's not as if it's a tea lady sharing irrelevant information or silly club gossip, it's a guy who walked in with Green & co last year and awarded himself a £350k p/a salary + £350k p/a bonus + expense account + millions of shares divulging all sorts of info about the club and behind the scenes activity on a public fan forum.

IF the story is true, then the fans deserve to know about it because this TRS publication is not the sort of information that the club would publish even if they wanted to. It's a difficult/sensitive situation and I would think it was probably a tough decision for TRS to do this because as their name suggests, they do have standards.

I couldn't disagree more. I'd guess they do have a verifiable source, they've just chosen not to publish who it is.

Keeping supporters in the dark over the (mis)behaviour of club directors is not something I can support. Don't blame the Rangers Standard for this blame Ahmad, he's the one who has broken confidences and shown a shocking disregard for the club. Frankly we've a duty as supporters to demand the behaviour of our owners and directors is beyond reproach, there should be no sweeping under the carpet allowed, hopefully this will remind them that they are being scrutinised.

Edited by amms

I couldn't disagree more. I'd guess they do have a verifiable source, they've just chosen not to publish who it is.

Keeping supporters in the dark over the (mis)behaviour of club directors is not something I can support. Don't blame the Rangers Standard for this blame Ahmad, he's the one who has broken confidences and shown a shocking disregard for the club. Frankly we've a duty as supporters to demand the behaviour of our owners and directors is beyond reproach, there should be know sweeping under the carpet allowed, hopefully this will remind them that they are being scrutinised.

I would say that you have missed the point of my original post. I said that IA was not the point, but rather the efficacy of reporting unsubstantiated allegations is suspect. I said that it causes the fans concern and anxiety. Look at your own reply. You "guess" that TRS has a verifiable source. You exhort me to "blame" IA for the situation. You demand that owners and directors be "above reproach". Is your post above reproach? My point is that people can have their stress levels raised because of such allegations. An action done in the heat of the moment is less likely to be a considered opinion than one taken calmly and with a cool mindset. I imagine you would agree that in the last year or so there has been enough 'guilty until proven innocent' situations at our club. What happened to our club when allegations surrounded it about the big tax case? And there are other instances. Our board has taken the heat out of the allegations surrounding Green for the moment by instigating an internal investigation. If TRS have allegations against IA then they should report them to the club and let them deal with the situation then report upon the results. This is the same for any unsubstantiated allegations. Trial by the MSM is neither calming nor satisfactory to the fans. If we want a return to sanity then we as fans must play our part. We should remain vigilant and fair.