Imran Ahmad has left the club - details to be confirmed

Merged this into the existing thread about Ahmad leaving and updated the title.

Please post further details &/or articles about Ahmad's departure in here and we'll update the title as required.

Peter A Smith ‏@PeterAdamSmith

Rangers spokesperson confirms: "Imran Ahmad has left the club, he has not left the company as he is still a shareholder." More to follow.

Retweeted by Jail4Whyte

Here's a copy of a guys blog who just happens to cover both subjects on this thread. It's a point of view I guess ...

http://thedailyranger.wordpress.com/

New post on The Daily Ranger

The Club’s Best Interests?

by thedailyranger

I always get suspicious when someone tells me they have my best interests at heart. It usually means they are doing something that I wont like. However well-meaning the individual no one should ever be allowed free rein to act however they choose "in your best interests" without being questioned.

Ally McCoist & Walter Smith

In a recent press conference when asked about allegations regarding Imran Ahmed's alleged comments on the Rangers Media forum Ally McCoist unequivocally denied what was written and stressed that he and Walter Smith have been acting in the best interests of the club.

Manager McCoist and his predecessor Smith, now a non-executive director, were also accused of running Rangers into the ground by failing to cut back on expenditure. But, speaking at his regular Friday conference at Murray Park, McCoist said he and Smith had always acted in what they believed were the club’s best interests, and that he was unperturbed by any of the allegations. “It didn’t upset me at all, because the vast majority of people will know that they are not true,” he said. “Anything that Walter and I would do is certainly, in our opinions, for the best of the football club. We have in no way, shape or form attempted to take over the football club. I can speak for Walter because I know the man – everything we are doing is to benefit the football. But we are not trying to take it over – that’s absolute nonsense. What we are trying to do is our own wee bit to take us forward.”

Asked if the club’s supporters should take comfort from the fact that there are still men with Rangers’ interests at heart in positions of some influence at the club, McCoist continued: “I would hope so. I’m a lot happier having Walter on the board. This time last year it was all very new to us, but I think it’s fair to say that the supporters have the utmost faith and trust in Walter. “We will obviously make mistakes, like anybody else would, but any that Walter and I make will be in trying to do the best for this football club. I think that message has to get out to the supporters. To reassure them.

Opinion on Ally's ability to manage the team is deeply divided between those like myself who feel he's out of his depth and those who feel that as a loyal club servant he should be allowed to prove himself going forward. Walter Smith though has consistently backed Ally McCoist in his position as manager despite a season of poor football. Basic things like fitness, passing, tactics and organisation have all been missing this season but despite this Walter insists that Ally should instead be praised for his performance as manager.

One has to ask is it indeed in the best interests of the club to keep a manager who's response to criticism is to bemoan a lack of resources despite having the highest wage bill in the league, full-time players and the best facilities in the country in which to train them? While I believe the sincerity of both Ally McCoist and Walter Smith I do not believe their idea of what is in the best interests of the club aligns with the actual best interests of the club.

The Rangers Standard

While on the subject of best interests of the club I can't fail to mention The Rangers Standard article mentioned above: Ibrox Leak?

Now I am lead to believe that individuals from The Rangers Standard uncovered proof that Imran Ahmed had been posting delicate information regarding the club on the Rangers Media forum and passed that information on to the club who then conducted an internal investigation. As yet they have not explained what this proof is or how it was obtained but claim that Imran Ahmed's removal from his position at Ibrox today was a direct result of their investigation. The Rangers Standard was a site set up by Rangers supporters with some lofty aspirations as detailed in their mission statement. The question must be asked though was it in alignment with their mission statement that after obtaining proof of Imran Ahmed's indiscretions to then publish the story on their site? After this story was published on The Rangers Standard it was picked up on and regurgitated by The Daily Record and the Scotsman. Adding yet more fuel to fire surrounding turmoil at our club and further dragging it's name through the mud. If my information is correct could The Rangers Standard simply have passed this information on to the club and allowed them to deal with it internally? Was it in the best interests of the club for yet another negative story about to be splashed across the tabloids? It may well be that this story would have surfaced regardless but I can see only one party's interests being served by offering up this exclusive and that is The Rangers Standard who to date have received over 43,000 hits on that story alone.

thedailyranger | April 27, 2013 at 3:26 pm | Categories:

Here's a copy of a guys blog who just happens to cover both subjects on this thread. It's a point of view I guess ...

http://thedailyranger.wordpress.com/

New post on The Daily Ranger

The Club’s Best Interests?

by thedailyranger

I always get suspicious when someone tells me they have my best interests at heart. It usually means they are doing something that I wont like. However well-meaning the individual no one should ever be allowed free rein to act however they choose "in your best interests" without being questioned.

Ally McCoist & Walter Smith

In a recent press conference when asked about allegations regarding Imran Ahmed's alleged comments on the Rangers Media forum Ally McCoist unequivocally denied what was written and stressed that he and Walter Smith have been acting in the best interests of the club.

Manager McCoist and his predecessor Smith, now a non-executive director, were also accused of running Rangers into the ground by failing to cut back on expenditure. But, speaking at his regular Friday conference at Murray Park, McCoist said he and Smith had always acted in what they believed were the club’s best interests, and that he was unperturbed by any of the allegations. “It didn’t upset me at all, because the vast majority of people will know that they are not true,” he said. “Anything that Walter and I would do is certainly, in our opinions, for the best of the football club. We have in no way, shape or form attempted to take over the football club. I can speak for Walter because I know the man – everything we are doing is to benefit the football. But we are not trying to take it over – that’s absolute nonsense. What we are trying to do is our own wee bit to take us forward.”

Asked if the club’s supporters should take comfort from the fact that there are still men with Rangers’ interests at heart in positions of some influence at the club, McCoist continued: “I would hope so. I’m a lot happier having Walter on the board. This time last year it was all very new to us, but I think it’s fair to say that the supporters have the utmost faith and trust in Walter. “We will obviously make mistakes, like anybody else would, but any that Walter and I make will be in trying to do the best for this football club. I think that message has to get out to the supporters. To reassure them.

Opinion on Ally's ability to manage the team is deeply divided between those like myself who feel he's out of his depth and those who feel that as a loyal club servant he should be allowed to prove himself going forward. Walter Smith though has consistently backed Ally McCoist in his position as manager despite a season of poor football. Basic things like fitness, passing, tactics and organisation have all been missing this season but despite this Walter insists that Ally should instead be praised for his performance as manager.

One has to ask is it indeed in the best interests of the club to keep a manager who's response to criticism is to bemoan a lack of resources despite having the highest wage bill in the league, full-time players and the best facilities in the country in which to train them? While I believe the sincerity of both Ally McCoist and Walter Smith I do not believe their idea of what is in the best interests of the club aligns with the actual best interests of the club.

The Rangers Standard

While on the subject of best interests of the club I can't fail to mention The Rangers Standard article mentioned above: Ibrox Leak?

Now I am lead to believe that individuals from The Rangers Standard uncovered proof that Imran Ahmed had been posting delicate information regarding the club on the Rangers Media forum and passed that information on to the club who then conducted an internal investigation. As yet they have not explained what this proof is or how it was obtained but claim that Imran Ahmed's removal from his position at Ibrox today was a direct result of their investigation. The Rangers Standard was a site set up by Rangers supporters with some lofty aspirations as detailed in their mission statement. The question must be asked though was it in alignment with their mission statement that after obtaining proof of Imran Ahmed's indiscretions to then publish the story on their site? After this story was published on The Rangers Standard it was picked up on and regurgitated by The Daily Record and the Scotsman. Adding yet more fuel to fire surrounding turmoil at our club and further dragging it's name through the mud. If my information is correct could The Rangers Standard simply have passed this information on to the club and allowed them to deal with it internally? Was it in the best interests of the club for yet another negative story about to be splashed across the tabloids? It may well be that this story would have surfaced regardless but I can see only one party's interests being served by offering up this exclusive and that is The Rangers Standard who to date have received over 43,000 hits on that story alone.

thedailyranger | April 27, 2013 at 3:26 pm | Categories:

Lots of words - very little content.

I agree wholeheartedly with the second bit about TRS going public with this rubbish. They should have went straight to the club. Unless of course someone at the club asked them to run with it to make it public giving them a chance to get rid of Ahmad!

I agree wholeheartedly with the second bit about TRS going public with this rubbish. They should have went straight to the club. Unless of course someone at the club asked them to run with it to make it public giving them a chance to get rid of Ahmad!

Well said , Imran . Who`s getting your shares by the way ? .