NEIL LENNON will BOYCOTT the PFA dinner after his Celtic players were snubbed.

NEIL LENNON is sweating over a possible Scottish Cup Final touchline ban.

The Celtic boss fears being hammered for clashing with referee Euan Norris AFTER Sunday’s 3-1 defeat to Motherwell.

Asked if he was in trouble with the beaks again, he said: “I don’t know — maybe.”

The Hoops gaffer sat in the stand at Fir Park as he serves a three-match suspension for swearing at St Mirren’s Jim Goodwin.

But he was furious with Norris’ decision to award Well a crucial penalty and after confronting the match official he was ordered into his room.

Lennon is now waiting to find out Norris’ version of events in his match report which will be filed today.

Any mention of improper conduct could see SFA compliance officer Vincent Lunny impose ANOTHER touchline ban.

That would see Lennon watch the May 26 Cup Final against Hibs from the Hampden main stand.

It’s unclear whether the Celts boss will be in bother just for being near the Fir Park tunnel area in the first place.

Under the terms of his ban he’s not allowed into the dressing room or pitch area for 15 minutes after the final whistle.

Lennon explained: “He called me into his room.

It was about a number of things. But we’ll leave that confidential for now.”

Lennon was unhappy Norris awarded a penalty against Charlie Mulgrew after tangling with Henrik Ojamaa.

He added: “I wasn’t convinced, although I understand why he maybe gave it. I don’t think Charlie even looked where Henrik Ojamaa is.

“For me it was a big turning point.”

Meanwhile, James McFadden last night opened the door for a summer switch to Celtic.

SunSport revealed on Sunday that Lennon is weighing up a fresh move for the Well forward.

Faddy said: “I would certainly listen to anything Celtic had to say.

“I was close a few years ago, just before I went to Everton.

“But I haven’t spoken to anybody about my future after this summer.

“My kids are settled now and enjoying being back and it would not be ideal to move them again.

“But my main thoughts have been getting as much playing time as I can.”

Celtic have confirmed a friendly clash with Union Berlin in Germany on July 12 as part of their Champions League qualifying preparations.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4908402/Lenny-Final-sweat.html#ixzz2RtiQUGB6

'Monster' comment not critical of Celtic, says Kenny Shiels

Kilmarnock's Kenny Shiels has held clear the air talks with the Scottish FA after saying Celtic had "massive influence" over disciplinary hearings.

The manager was concerned that comments made on BBC Radio Scotland were taken out of context by a newspaper.

Shiels had also described Celtic as the "monsters of the Scottish game".

But he returned to BBC Sportsound to explain that he was referring to the club's ability to afford, among other things, expensive legal representation.

"There was an inference there that they were able to manipulate the judicial panel, but that wasn't the meaning of it at all," said Shiels.

Shiels had made his original comments when explaining why he thought Motherwell's Stuart McCall should be named Scotland's manager of the year instead of Celtic's Neil Lennon .

"In comparison to the rest, I was using that terminology of monster and surely everyone understands what the inference was - the size of the club," he said.

"They are a monster in comparison to the likes of the other clubs and we were speaking about the advantages they have and Neil would have as a manager.

“From now on, I'm not going to answer questions on anyone else. I'm just going to speak about myself and my own club”

Kenny Shiels Kilmarnock manager

"What I was saying about that was that they can afford a really good training ground and sports science and all of those things and they also have the weight of QCs to go and represent them at judicial panels.

"I am not criticising Celtic for that because that's only natural that you avail of that facility that you have."

After seeing the newspaper headline, Shiels had telephoned SFA compliance officer Vincent Lunny, who has the power to discipline managers should their words be deemed to have brought the game into disrepute.

"Vincent understands what context it was said in and that words can be taken the wrong way," said the Northern Irishman.

"Hopefully that will clear the air. I don't want to be critical of Celtic. That's not what I'm about."

However, Shiels vowed not to be drawn into commenting about the wider issues of the game during future media interviews.

"I've had it up to here," he said. "They are watching everything I say and I have to be very careful and try to stay below the radar.

"From now on, I'm not going to answer questions on anyone else, opponents.

"I'm just going to speak about myself and my own club."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22376842?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed