Why Ally McCoist Must Step Down As Rangers Manager

I believe the transfer ban to be a bit of a smokescreen regarding AM's abilities as a manager.

After a sticky start this season, the team went on a good run and achieved the points for a substantial run. Although, rarely did we totally dominate other teams despite having many advantages we have at our Club. Namely, biggest budget, best training facilities, best stadium, best support, and best paid players AND coaches.

None of our League opponents came anywhere near by comparison.

As the season wore on, the team failed to improve and indeed probably dropped more points in the 2nd half while our opponents improved.

Instead of US changing style to play them, they changed theirs to play us.

Subsequently, our highly paid players were quite often shown to be inferior to that of the low paid part-time journeymen of the lowest League in Scotland.

The season before was quite similar in as much as we performed better in the first half and fell away in the second, letting a poor tim side overtake us.

I've always liked Ally, and I want to remember him when he was at his best.

I really hope he doesn't stay much longer until he's chased out by the support and ridiculed by the press.

Reading that thread on RM, you can't help noticing that a lot of the same people scrambling around trying to find reasons for Ally to get the boot are also staunch supporters of Charles Green and scramble around trying to find reasons for that too.

Our club's in a total mess and the support is more divided now, at a time when unity is required, than it's been for a long time. There's no unity in sight though.

With more than half the fans supporting any shady bastard that comes in with a plan to line his pockets with their ticket money and bugger off ASAP, I think any neutral onlooker would be shaking their head in disbelief at our eagerness to trust people at a time when our trust should rightfully be difficult to earn.

Whilst calling for the sacking or forced resignation of a man who's a true legend, one of the greatest Bears and a man who's been helping hold Rangers together in the past 2 seasons, people should ask themselves some serious questions about loyalty, especially if they like to use the word loyal and really mean it.

You can't say you're a loyal Rangers fan if you'd stab Ally McCoist in the back whilst handing Charles Green the keys to Ibrox. I honestly think there's something very very wrong with us. I doubt if it's the poison in the flu jabs or something in the water, but there's definitely something wrong.

You seem to be the only one bringing Charles Green into it Zappa.

Or can we not just simply look at our football manager on his own?

I wouldn't make a point if I didn't think it was worth making.

I wouldn't make a point if I didn't think it was worth making.

Sure, I just don't really get it.

With your comparisons, it's no more complex than some thinking Green was doing his job well and thinking McCoist isn't.

With your comparisons, it's no more complex than some thinking Green was doing his job well and thinking McCoist isn't.

The only job Green was doing well was the job of lining his pockets and bank account with Rangers money. Everything else was patter, bullshit and lies.

Reading that thread on RM, you can't help noticing that a lot of the same people scrambling around trying to find reasons for Ally to get the boot are also staunch supporters of Charles Green and scramble around trying to find reasons for that too.

Our club's in a total mess and the support is more divided now, at a time when unity is required, than it's been for a long time. There's no unity in sight though.

With more than half the fans supporting any shady bastard that comes in with a plan to line his pockets with their ticket money and bugger off ASAP, I think any neutral onlooker would be shaking their head in disbelief at our eagerness to trust people at a time when our trust should rightfully be difficult to earn.

Whilst calling for the sacking or forced resignation of a man who's a true legend, one of the greatest Bears and a man who's been helping hold Rangers together in the past 2 seasons, people should ask themselves some serious questions about loyalty, especially if they like to use the word loyal and really mean it.

You can't say you're a loyal Rangers fan if you'd stab Ally McCoist in the back whilst handing Charles Green the keys to Ibrox. I honestly think there's something very very wrong with us. I doubt if it's the poison in the flu jabs or something in the water, but there's definitely something wrong.

So what happens when all the CG/CW stuff blows over and stability is returned to the boardroom (whenever that happens).....what if we're still discussing the managerial prowess of McCoist??? Obviously there will always be folk who don't like or support the manager, but discussions about McCoists managerial ability has been going on for the best part of 2 years.

We are not talking about his devotion to the club - that is unquestionable - but we are talking about football matters and whether he is the best person to lead the team forward. I REALLY want McCoist to succeed as manager, but so far he's not looking particularly convincing.

Personally I didnt see the point of bringing Charles Green into it.

McCoist's ability as a manager should be exclusive from whether people are defending Green or not.

In some way Zappa you are suggesting that people are being illogical in how they are dealing with Green vs McCoist. It is more than likely that they are defending Green because they actually LIKE what he did for the club whilst recognising that McCoist has, as a manager, done poorly this season.

I think it is a bit of a poor way of justifying your support of McCoist and, in fact, you often find that when people bring others into the comparison it usually means that they dont have any proper defence of the person being spoken about originally.

Your defence above of McCoist is zero defence of the man as manager, none whatsoever. Your defence is that he held us together for 2 years - I would agree with that.... OFF the pitch. However, ON the pitch it is indisputable, to me at least, that the performances have deteriorated this season. Should he still be at the club ? Absolutely. But in what capacity ? As an ambassador ? Perfect for the role. As manager ? I am on the fence. Our performances have deteriorated this season and the buck stops with the manager (my feelings on how the players are culpable are well known). I would like to see him get a proper transfer window where he can sign players to strengthen to see what he can do when not handcuffed. And that would actually mean NEXT pre-season. January is a very tough window to purchase in so it would be next pre-season, but that means he is here for another season plus 6 months - if signs of improvement are not forthcoming then I doubt he would get that long. I know some say that a good manager will be able to better the players currently at his disposal - but for that to happen you also need them to be motivated personally to be better. Some of the higher earners seem to be willingly treading water and that is unacceptable to them. I like plgsarmy's Jock Wallace quote and we should be utilising it. If you need to be motivated to play for Rangers then you shouldnt be there in the first place. Andm to be fair to McCoist, he doesnt have a great many options should players be out of form or not trying.

Right now I say give him another season, but there MUST be improvement. No person is bigger than the club. That goes for Charles Green, John Greig, and even Ally McCoist.