NEW: SFL Clubs Breakaway to From Championship (SPFL2)

How can they get access to the SPL when they need to give the SFL a couple of years of written notice to leave ? What am I missing other than yet another load of bollocks of making up rules as they go along ?

I'm sure I read somewhere, that there is a belief that the 3 year period wouldn't stand up in Court.

I can't see why it would need to. It's all up to the SFA. The SPL have no right to play in Europe over SFL teams that would stand up in court that I can see. The SFA could easily not recognise the new league and give the European places to the SFL champions and runners up etc.

The SPL would also be banned for going to court would they not?

If we don't join, all they have is a change in the name of their league. They'll have no more money, no more fans, no more prospect of survival for many of them than they do now.

We should not touch this with a bargepole.

Yeah, that's my point. If they invite us into this league, are they basically admitting they're on their knees and they're desperate for us to join. Therefore, giving us the power to get what we want out of it.

If it was me(and it isn't) I would only except if certain demands are met.

In no terms whatsoever should we accept this.

The SPL is a busted flush, run by enemies of Rangers who hate our very existence and kicked us out of their league not even a year ago.

Now they have found out that there is only 1 team in Scotland that drives the finances in this country they are trying their damnest to come up with a solution that gets us back into where they need us for their commercial arrangements to have any chance of realising enough monies to keep them all afloat for another year.

We do not have the power we need to be able to turn around and tell them we will only come into the league if there is a complete clear-out of all the board memebrs of the SPL, including the CEO, and new blood brought in to run it without any CFC parties involved. We should be able to command the immediate withdrawal of the transfer embargo to allow us to build a team capable of challening in tier 2.

There is not a chance in hell that the powers that be will yield such concessions so we should be big and bold enough to tell them to shove it. Our business plan allows us another two years before we are ready for the top tier, and we are not the ones going to go bust (again!) in the next couple fo years. Mnay of these clubs trying to force us into this option are however dangerously close to the chop, and I say we should play our way up and whatever happens to everybody else happens.