SPL agree to reconstruction package

In essence there is no extra cash being generated by the new structure.....they are just using the same cash that the SFL gets anyway, but weighting it in favour of SFL1 teams....

Largely at the expense of the 2nd placed team in the SPL getting reduced prize money and as I said at the time when these 'redistribution' plans first hit the scene, that will massively impact on Rangers when we return to the SPL. Celtic are giving up a little chunk too, but nowhere near as much as what's going to be taken off the 2nd placed team.

You know the more I think about this the more it can only be seen as a defeat for Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Doncaster. Celtic in particular have had to give up a decent amount of money and get nothing in return, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd will need to be careful of play-offs, both are well capable of finishing 2nd bottom, they've also given up a chunk of money. The smaller well run SPL clubs and 1st division clubs are the winners in this. One body gives them a say in things, more money in the 1st division gives them a chance to build a squad to compete in the the SPL if promoted and a play-off gives them double the chance of promotion. The SPL have caved in, the league size didn't change like they wanted, their voice will be diluted now and for me further change to a bigger league is now inevitable.

I'm not sure this shouldn't be viewed as a victory for the SFL clubs who have pretty much got what all they wanted.

Absolutely no chance of Scottish football getting Rangers fans on board again. Scottish football is made up of hate-filled anti-Rangers zealots who only want us for the money we bring to Scottish football. They also want us playing in the lowest division possible. I want revenge on these people as it's the only language these cretins understand. For starters let's do all we can to destroy the SKY deal. Request SKY not to include us for starters and advise them there'll be no access to Ibrox. See how that goes down.

Then Rab, the games a bogey.

Why don't we just stay where we are with friends and share the benefits we have. Like our fanbase and the media rights we can generate?

Absolutely no chance of Scottish football getting Rangers fans on board again. Scottish football is made up of hate-filled anti-Rangers zealots who only want us for the money we bring to Scottish football. They also want us playing in the lowest division possible. I want revenge on these people as it's the only language these cretins understand. For starters let's do all we can to destroy the SKY deal. Request SKY not to include us for starters and advise them there'll be no access to Ibrox. See how that goes down.

I guess we will be open to charges of bringing the game into disrepute and they may be able to take away our licence. I don't know this for certain but I would pretty much think we are tied up to doing things their way. If the shoe was on the other foot we would also be shouting to have another teams licence taken away.

I guess we will be open to charges of bringing the game into disrepute and they may be able to take away our licence. I don't know this for certain but I would pretty much think we are tied up to doing things their way. If the shoe was on the other foot we would also be shouting to have another teams licence taken away.

we are dealing with people who, last summer, were doing their utmost to put us out of business altogether. I cannot & will not forget that and will never forgive these people for as long as I live. I want revenge on these people & their clubs and the most obvious way is to sabotage their income from SKY as they would be seriously damaged without it. They can keep their SKY deal but we want no part of it. No televised Rangers games thank you. See how much SKY will pay then. Not a lot I'd think

we are dealing with people who, last summer, were doing their utmost to put us out of business altogether. I cannot & will not forget that and will never forgive these people for as long as I live. I want revenge on these people & their clubs and the most obvious way is to sabotage their income from SKY as they would be seriously damaged without it. They can keep their SKY deal but we want no part of it. No televised Rangers games thank you. See how much SKY will pay then. Not a lot I'd think

You are forgetting there are rules and I am pretty sure media rights is well covered in them. I can feel how you feel but if we want to play football in Scotland then we will have to agree with the rules we probably helped form.

Reconstruction is on the agenda for one reason only, Scottish football as we well know relies solely on Rangers & Celtic it's been like that for most of the time except in exceptional circumstances which may never occur again....Dunfermline, Hearts, Livingston and the rest can go to the wall it doesn't matter, but if 'the' Rangers and Celtic thing goes everything else goes with it, like what's happening right now - one horse has left the other.

How can SKY, the SFA and sane people convince the rest of the country that having Rangers back at the top table as a matter of urgency is the ONLY way forward ?.

St Mirren and Ross County knocked back a ridiculous idea for reconstruction, I suspect those with the game in mind breathed a sigh of relief at their stance.

Maybe Rangers getting 'fast-tracked' into a new set-up can be attractive for those with an interest in the survival of the game up here, but not so for those with a bigoted 'bee in ther bunnet'

WE made our bed. I crave to be back playing serious football again with 'real' titles at stake and putting ourselves about in Europe again like what our club has a reputation for.

If some fans want to bat the ball back and say 'not for me' then I'm sick of it.