If/When Craig Whyte gets convicted.........

worth a look by a qc is all I am saying.

What would we gain by that action ?

The SPL, should we sue and win, would be bankrupted anyway. So we would gain nothing other than a hollow win and a sizeable legal bill.

What would we gain by that action ?

The SPL, should we sue and win, would be bankrupted anyway. So we would gain nothing other than a hollow win and a sizeable legal bill.

i suspect bankrupting the sfl would be a great way to spend rfff funds.

the sfa though have lots of cash. ;)

I'd think the main focus should be on the SFA whose actions(or in-actions) I find bewildering to say the least.

There are two areas in which I believe they should be brought to account:-

1) if there is a 'fit & proper persons' requirement for anyone acquiring a football club in Scotland was it applied to Whyte?

if not why not ? his background was easy to discover as Jeff Randall (SKY business news) highlighted on the day Whyte got Rangers

If it was applied what did it find out about Whyte ?

I don't buy Regan's tosh about allegedly not knowing about Whyte until Daly's documentary

2) At what point did the SFA discover Whyte was committing a criminal offence by not handing over PAYE/NI ?

Is it true JT (then at the DR) advised them around Sept/Oct 2011? if so what action did they take ? if none why?

The SFA are a governing body with rules & regulations everyone in Scottish football must adhere to. It looks

to me they failed miserably in this instance on not once but twice which led to catastrophic consequences

for us. Can I maybe ask if they deliberately did so ? if so who was behind it.

Clubs should be entitled to protection by the governing body

Edited by RANGERRAB

2) At what point did the SFA discover Whyte was committing a criminal offence by not handing over PAYE/NI ?

Withholding PAYE/NI is not a criminal offence. If it was, CW would already be behind bars.

I believe it is fairly common practice that HMRC is trying to reduce. By not paying the PAYE/NI, it gives companies a bit of temporary extra cash flow.

I'd think the main focus should be on the SFA whose actions(or in-actions) I find bewildering to say the least.

There are two areas in which I believe they should be brought to account:-

1) if there is a 'fit & proper persons' requirement for anyone acquiring a football club in Scotland was it applied to Whyte?

if not why not ? his background was easy to discover as Jeff Randall (SKY business news) highlighted on the day Whyte got Rangers

If it was applied what did it find out about Whyte ?

I don't buy Regan's tosh about allegedly not knowing about Whyte until Daly's documentary

At the time it was a club's responsibility to ensure it was run by "fit and proper" people. Not sure what the situation is now, post Whyte (will be interesting vis-a-vis Green).

Withholding PAYE/NI is not a criminal offence. If it was, CW would already be behind bars.

I believe it is fairly common practice that HMRC is trying to reduce. By not paying the PAYE/NI, it gives companies a bit of temporary extra cash flow.

Not true. Withholding PAYE/NI collected from employees isn't a criminal offence ? that's new one to me. Think you'll find he'll be charged with his in due course along with everything else the police will building a dossier on

Ask any CA. Being late with PAYE/NI is bad enough and if it were to happen again then HMRC would normally invite themselves into the business and would be going thru' everything. Something the business would want to avoid.

The key question is how Whyte managed to avoid PAYE/NI for so long. Why did HMRC take no action? another of the many questions needing answers.

At the time it was a club's responsibility to ensure it was run by "fit and proper" people. Not sure what the situation is now, post Whyte (will be interesting vis-a-vis Green).

I believe they did. AJ was most vociferous in his opinion of Whyte which turned out to be 100% accurate. The question arising from this is why SDM sold to Whyte. Was he blackmailed by LBG ? You do know who were in charge of LBG's Scottish business divsion at the time don't you ?

I believe they did. AJ was most vociferous in his opinion of Whyte which turned out to be 100% accurate. The question arising from this is why SDM sold to Whyte. Was he blackmailed by LBG ? You do know who were in charge of LBG's Scottish business divsion at the time don't you ?

Oh yes, it's one of the points/questions I always raise, RangerRab. One of the key things that need to be cleared up and recompensed/brought to justice. I was merely answering the "fit and proper" thing - it did not actually exist in any meaningful form as an SFA or SPL requirement. I know that sounds crazy but then this is Scottish Football............