Leggo: Dave King about to make £10million bid

Is King still suing DM?

It's been over a year since he suggested he was in March 2012. I've not heard anything since.

His statement from that period is noteworthy for the support he gave Paul Murray, Martin Bain and other former directors.

I changed my mind about King a good while back since learning about the corrupt SARS officials and King's the one I've wanted to get the club since we went into administration just over a year ago.

Having said that... I'll be restraining myself until it's a done deal because this could be a long summer if guys like Leggo are starting feeding the rumour mill already when it's only the middle of May.

rqcism is rife in sa government.

Or jumped the gun !!!

Would King have wanted this??

There was mention of King aiming to do this, a couple of weeks back in a mainstream paper, soon after the Easdale story broke (Gherald or Scotsman most like...or Mail). That article had a few quotes from King so he may have told them that himself. Either way Leggo is only repeating something that has already been said so he'll not have annoyed King.

I changed my mind about King a good while back since learning about the corrupt SARS officials and King's the one I've wanted to get the club since we went into administration just over a year ago.

Having said that... I'll be restraining myself until it's a done deal because this could be a long summer if guys like Leggo are starting feeding the rumour mill already when it's only the middle of May.

Yes, me too, Zappa though I still worry about that Judge's eviscerating diatribe on his character. Something you can be sure would be quoted endlessly by our numerous and voluble enemies.

Maybe the Judge was corrupt too? (He asks in a small, hopeful voice....)

Whatever, King is the only viable player in this that has the money and is a fan. The only one that we know of, at least, that seems interested.

Or jumped the gun !!!

Would King have wanted this??

I think King will be playing a very astute game of poker. He's been around the block a number of times more than most and 'out foxed many a hound' along the way. My money (and hopes) are on King. Doesn't that name even have a ring to it for our Club - rather than Green or Whyte? :)

Being based in South Africa, I can confirm that the case against Dave King was ridiculous and exclusively motivated by greed on the part of SARS and the SA government. DK had exploited a hole in the tax laws and used this to his own benefit. He and his companies paid what was due, nothing more and nothing less. SARS then attempted to apply amended laws retrospectively which DK fought vigorously against and rightly so. Dave King is a huge blue nose and I genuinely believe that if he were to obtain majority control that we would be restored to our place of pride very quickly. He is no Charles Green in the sense of bluntness/rudeness but you can guarantee that he will not bend over for the SFA etc. If there is a God in heaven, please let Dave King do the deal and take over the club!

Being based in South Africa, I can confirm that the case against Dave King was ridiculous and exclusively motivated by greed on the part of SARS and the SA government. DK had exploited a hole in the tax laws and used this to his own benefit. He and his companies paid what was due, nothing more and nothing less. SARS then attempted to apply amended laws retrospectively which DK fought vigorously against and rightly so. Dave King is a huge blue nose and I genuinely believe that if he were to obtain majority control that we would be restored to our place of pride very quickly. He is no Charles Green in the sense of bluntness/rudeness but you can guarantee that he will not bend over for the SFA etc. If there is a God in heaven, please let Dave King do the deal and take over the club!

This sounds somewhat familiar to what happened to Rangers and the EBT-chase by HMRC ...

Leggat:

AHMAD IN EGM BID TO SCUPPER DAVE KING'S BID TO SAVE RANGERS

RANGERS are going to be rocked by a new outbreak of boardroom in-fighting.

And I can reveal that sacked commercial director Imran Ahmad is the man behind the moves to call an Extraordinary General Meeting.

My exclusive news comes after yet another leak to BBC Scotland, this time to Al Lamont, who Imran Ahmad appears to have a compliant conduit to, and to BBC Scotland's senior football reporter, the Rangers hating, Chris McLaughlin, who Ahmad had a track record of leaking to.

The Lamont leak, however, is more disturbing, as it appears to come from a Rangers supporter who is now actively working against the Dave King move to save Rangers.

It is now only a matter of time before this man's name is revealed.

For the moment, the danger to Rangers comes from Ahmad and former chief executive Charles Green, who is still a director. The pair will now join forces with the Easdale brothers and London-based Chris Morgan, who represents the Blue Pitch Holdings investment in Rangers.

They want to force an EGM and have the abrasive Morgan and one of the controversial Easdale brothers, bulldoze their way into the Blue Room.

This panic move comes in response to the news that Rangers man Dave King is actively looking to buy up a £10M shareholding and try to return Rangers to its roots.

Ahmad and Green seem determined to risk all by trying to block the King moves to rescue Rangers and the news that they have made official and legal moves to hold an Extraordinary General Meeting is their bombshell reaction to King's determined move on behalf of the Rangers reputation

They have been spooked by King and have already lodged the required official papers with Rangers.

When the Green-Ahmad-Easdales-Chris Morgan-Blue Pitch Holdings stake in Rangers is added together it gives this alliance over 20 per cent of the Ibrox shareholding, which is more than enough for this cabal to have the power to vote their own men onto the board.

And even if the men they want to instal as directors – hard man Cockney l Morgan and one of the Easdales - were to be outvoted at any future board meeting, the Green-Ahmad-Easdale-Chris Morgan-Blue Pitch Holdings cabal can continue to call Emergency General Meetings on a regular basis and disrupt the day-to-day running of Rangers.

It would seem that Ahmad is willing to risk all, as wants to wreak revenge of Rangers for his sacking after he was caught leaking confidential company information to a website.

Rangers supporters can get set for another summer of uncertainty and bloody infighting, with the future of the club once more placed in danger.

Their best hope for a swift end to it all is if Dave King can persuade enough of the other shareholders to sell to him. That would allow King to take on the Green-Ahmad-Easdales-Chris Morgan-Blue Pitch Holdings cabal.

And ensure the Blue Room was filled with Bluenoses, led by Dave King, who have Rangers' interests as their main priority.