Shared ownership structure

I hate to say that on other forums I widely predicted how catastrophic a shared ownership structure would propagate.

Rarely in modern football does shared ownership work well. There are of course examples of fan ownership in climates and cultures far different from our own where it works but when it comes down to a multitude of businessmen owning the club, the outlook is rarely good. The phrase 'the camel is a horse designed by committee' will invariably spring to mind but our current circumstances would see a more fitting analogy of 'the camel is a committee designed by a horse'. With multiple owners of various power and interests you inherit multiple board members of various power and interests and the end result is messy.

Pathetic infighting and shambolic leaks that would put Harchester United to shame are par for the course and you really wonder where we are heading. Frankie earlier posted an article on RM that suggested we are in a similar state to the Craig Whyte era and that was not far off the the mark. The sad thing is as shambolic as our current shared ownership structure is, there seems to be nobody half decent interested in outright control.

Ideal scenario? An intelligent money man appears out of the wood work free from controversy and puts the club back where it belongs. I won't hold my breath. Charles Green for all his efforts proved to be another joker trying to make a quick buck out of us, and we can only hope that the next businessman to show the same endeavour, does so with a bit more intelligence.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

two things camels are better designed than horses. the run faster they run longer they run further they drink and eat less. :)

second do we really have shared ownership? ahmed often claims green has a proxy for the majority of the club.

green promised us shared ownership (though he never told us why that was good) but he never delivered it it seem in actuality.

The problem with fan ownership is always going to be getting working capital.

The Spanish system is rotten with debt, so I would look at the German system on how they organise things.