Brian Stockbridge Accused - Dirty Tricks

http://t.co/ToxRdOyJr3 - Read more.

By Keith Jackson

Rangers' director Brian Stockbridge accused of dirty tricks as video of drunken chairman Malcolm Murray leaked on internet

21 May 2013 07:43

THE battle for control of the Ibrox club hits a new low with the release of a video of the chairman staggering out of a restaurant.

RANGERS chairman Malcolm Murray last night insisted he had been stitched up after a video of him drunk was leaked on the internet.

The battle for control of Rangers hit a new low as the doctored recording of a clearly inebriated Murray being helped out of a restaurant was posted on the YouTube website at breakfast time yesterday.

The voices of two people laughing and goading Murray from behind the camera were distorted beyond recognition.

But the Record later obtained the original, unaltered footage and immediately identified one of the voices as that of Ibrox financial director Brian Stockbridge.

The club were forced to admit that Stockbridge â?? who came to Ibrox as part of former chief executive Charles Greenâ??s takeover â?? was the man who made the tape.

So how do you feel about this now Chilled Bear? Do you think he deserves the benefit of the doubt now or not?

I said to look at post 8, it should have been post 18. I posted this yesterday morning before you got a bee in your bonnet.

''It's very difficult, in an ideal world I would want him out. I also don't want the Chairman of Rangers being seen in this state.

Whether I would vote against him in the present circumstances is another thing, tho' I can see why investors would be wary.''

As you see I did not say I wanted him out at this time, everything is not black and white.

I've been having a think about the MM video that has appeared over the past couple of days....

Does anyone know the context of the video????

Who was there, when was it, and why were they there???

We now know that Brian Stockbridge was present with MM, and possibly Ahmed. Therefore we have a good number of the RFC board that are out for a few drinks. During the course of the night, MM has a few brandy's too many & one of his "mates" videos him staggering about.

How many people on here have done similar on a night out with pals???

There is currently a lot of mud slinging going on. IMO, on it's own, this video is completely harmless. Under different circumstances, it would probably be viewed as amusing. However, it would appear that people are adding this video in with other information and coming to the worst possible conclusions. Folk are starting to loose all perspective - this in part driven by the media, who are desperate for ANY story that can be presented in a scandalous & OTT manner.

I am not a supporter of MM, and I am certainly not against him - I know nothing about him and the work that he is doing.....but is this video REALLY front page news, when you consider 90-odd folk were killed by a tornada in the US???

I said to look at post 8, it should have been post 18. I posted this yesterday morning before you got a bee in your bonnet.

''It's very difficult, in an ideal world I would want him out. I also don't want the Chairman of Rangers being seen in this state.

Whether I would vote against him in the present circumstances is another thing, tho' I can see why investors would be wary.''

As you see I did not say I wanted him out at this time, everything is not black and white.

Yeah, the post 8 mention baffled me, that makes much more sense. Cheers!!

Clowns to the left of us, jokers to the right, here we(the support) are, stuck in the middle.

I am off to France for a month tomorrow, both the wine and the pastis will be consumed until I achieve a feeling of immense well being.