Brian Stockbridge Accused - Dirty Tricks

I do understand but I believe there's more than one side to it, as with most things. The fans' backing was needed to make any sort of progress, and that was the case for anyone that took over. There was already a lot of natural skepticism about Green and co simply because they were unknowns, so if he had been open from the start about having to cosy up with Whyte etc how do you think it would have been taken? I think at least a large amount of us would have panicked and just decided there and then Green was another wrongun, and hence a smaller season ticket uptake. So I can understand why it wasn't seen as a good idea to share all that information.

Although I do think Green should have considered getting ahead of the game once it was revealed that Whyte recorded his conversations, that's where I think a big mistake was made.

Green never had to cosy up to Whyte, he was brought in by Whyte. A 'wrongun' if ever there was one but in perfect company. "I only met the man once and gave him 2 quid for his shares" indeed. So how could Green have gotten ahead of the game when he never had conversations with Whyte? © Chucky.

But in fairness to Green, he could not have told the truth that he was Whyte's stooge. Brought in only so that Grier could present Rangers FC back to Whyte, gift wrapped on a silver platter and that every word he uttered from day 1 was a lie.

I am just not sure yet if it is lucky for us that the thieves fell out and the stooge got greedy and made an arse of it.

Time will tell I suppose.

Green never had to cosy up to Whyte, he was brought in by Whyte. A 'wrongun' if ever there was one but in perfect company. "I only met the man once and gave him 2 quid for his shares" indeed. So how could Green have gotten ahead of the game when he never had conversations with Whyte? © Chucky.

But in fairness to Green, he could not have told the truth that he was Whyte's stooge. Brought in only so that Grier could present Rangers FC back to Whyte, gift wrapped on a silver platter and that every word he uttered from day 1 was a lie.

I am just not sure yet if it is lucky for us that the thieves fell out and the stooge got greedy and made an arse of it.

spot on mate.

I'm buggered if I'm going to praise whytes patsy for getting greedy no matter what anyone says.

Safe to say I disagree of course, I don't even know where it was proven that Whyte brought him in.

whyte was a kamikaze businessman who should never have got near Rangers in the first place. SDM was blackmailed into selling to him. Virtually no one would touch Rangers because of the potential EBT tax bill. Whyte got the club(by deceiving ticketus into funding the takeover) but was depending on 2 things:-

1) CL money for 2011/12 2) an early BTC verdict after which he'd either sell the club or liquidate blaming SDM if the outcome wasn't favourable.

He got neither and hadn't the funds to run the club so he put it into administration hoping to get it back after administration and sell it making money for himself. That wasn't possible as D&P found out the accounts were all over the place and PAYE/NI hadn't been paid. HMRC blocked the CVA leading to newco being formed of which Whyte wasn't part of. This investigation will prove that.

Edited by RANGERRAB

I think if you go down the leagues to the 'diddy' clubs of the first second and third divs, you'll find that idealistic owners and boards are in the majority, guys you've never heard of and never will hear of, putting their own personal money into their clubs for zero reward other than knowing that they are contributing - and there's no reason why we couldn't be the same;

Actually there is. Unlike most other clubs in the lower leagues, our beautiful Rangers have a massive potential to generate profits for an investor which will always attract cunts the likes of Whyte.

Who was the patsy, though? was Green Whyte's patsy or was Whyte Greens's Patsy. I've often thought that Whyte is nowhere near as clever as he thinks he is.

whyte brought green in as his patsy.

i doubt he is in any way shape of form daft.