Board Meeting today - apparently

Much of this is not official info, still, I deem it important enough to share:

There apparently was a board meeting at Ibrox today, where those in attendance were given the results of the independent investigation about the clubs and its (former) officials dealing with Whyte:

Originally Posted by adamski View Post

It would appear that the independant report absolves the club & officials of any dealing with Shyte.

Source: Members Suite patron

More if it is available and can be verified.

Thread on FF

Thanks for sharing der Berliner, and extra thanks for spelling independent without an "a" - a rare treat this century.

However, who would not have guessed (and, as you say this is as yet unconfirmed) this "investigation" ever likely to bring up any other "verdict". To find otherwise would be a real blow to:

The Rangers

Our current owners - still unkown

Our investors

Our shareholders

oh, and the very people carrying out the "investigation"

If this really is the outcome, we all know what comes next. Internal investigations that turn up nothing are always followed by external ones. In this case, Liewell will send in harper&macleod and dungaster and rhegan = all thirsting to get revenge for f@@@ing up our death last time around.

Edited by SteveC

Of course, it was also said today (not at the meeting, but anyway) that the appeal-check with regards to the BTC is to be heard on July 19th. A lot to get the media and the usual suspect into enough frenzy for the next few months ...

Surely it at least protects Green's legacy to an extent?

I've always said Green's time at the club would probably be judged a lot better further down the line. This judgement will help him but I don't think there's anyway back for him before anyone asks... ;)

As I said last year, and at the time this latest nonsense broke, every bidder would have had to deal with Whyte in some way. Unfortunately, instead of being open about it, his risky dealings caught up with Green alongside some awful media appearances. Unfortunately it was his perfect storm and some have taken advantage of that.

Rest assured, to some any dealings done with or discussions held with Whyte will remain a "red rag". In various ways, no-one we had as chairman or CEOs over the last two years were fit for the job. But only very few of them would come anywhere close to Whyte, and Green is not amongst those. The general feel is still gloomy - quite naturally - but time will shed a different light on Green too.

I doubt Green gives too much of a thought about his RFC legacy - was only here a year and trousered plenty of greenbacks for him not to care.

Whyte obviously knew this verdict was coming, exonerating Green and the club from having any remaining ties to him. That's why he and his Vhermin accomplices have been releasing documents, to try and further besmirch Green and destabilize the club and other board members, so there can be no way back for them. To an extent I think they may have achieved some success in that plan?