He won't have an endless supply of cash, he'll have a budget in mind for buying shares and investing in the club, but the share price is still artificially high.

If he plans to buy up enough shares to take control, he'll also want to be in a position where he can invest some cash in the club without chunks of it getting trousered by other investors on the take.

Good point Zappa, important to remember that every penny that DK spends on buying the club goes to the faceless investors, and is not being reinvested into Rangers. If the shareprice can be driven down, the balance in his budget can be spent on the footballing side of the business. I would imagine that the current turmoil can only spook investors and you would hope that they quickly sell on to someone with a blue heart (and deep pockets). I am not advocating the old SDM business model so beloved by WS and AMc but I do think that we are probably at the point of needing someone willing to invest long term and is not in for quick profits. In my opinion the current business model is seriously flawed, but accept that if the listing had not taken place when it did, we would almost be back at the pre-admin postion with the uncertainty and unhappiness that that created for all of us. I just hope that DK doesnt leave it too long!

Unless I am mistaken, Ahmad and Green will leave the company within a week. At least that was intimated. So we'll see to whom they sell their shares (if they actually do) soon enough.

Leaving the company isnt the same as selling their shares.

Green is to step down as a director on Friday (May 31st) but that has nothing to do with selling his shares as a shareholder. So we may NOT see who they sell their shares to anytime soon.

Unless I am mistaken, Ahmad and Green will leave the company within a week. At least that was intimated. So we'll see to whom they sell their shares (if they actually do) soon enough.

You are indeed mistaken, Ahmad has already gone.

Leaving the company isnt the same as selling their shares.

Green is to step down as a director on Friday (May 31st) but that has nothing to do with selling his shares as a shareholder. So we may NOT see who they sell their shares to anytime soon.

Well, IMHO, Green ain't a character who lingers about as a shareholder who's got "nothing" to say. Dunno who (Leggat?) intimated that both would sell their shares to King or the Easdales, but we'll see soon enough. Or not.

I thought I read that they could not sell their shares until December. They can promise to sell them to someone before then - but as they both lie as a matter of course that's pretty meaningless. It'd have to be a watertight legally binding commitment before it could be treated as real.

PS It was Green's shares I read about, I was presuming that Ahmad would be the same until I read further in this thread

Edited by SteveC
PS