Jon Daly, Cammy Bell and Nicky Law - are you happy?

''For the time being, I for one assume that it is, else we would not sign players left, right, and centre.''

I think Managers will sign who they can, and unless someone with balls says no, they [Ally] will not take what we can afford into consideration.

Hope I am wrong in this, but going by the past I don't think so.

That would imply that Mather can't calculate though.

Just watched the interviews with Law, Daly & Bell on RTV....every one of them come across as very enthusiastic about joining/playing for the club - Cammy Bell couldnae keep the smile from his face!!!

The 3 of them are certainly whetting the appetite for next season....

What are "high wages" these days? While we all speak about fourth and third tier football and those budgets there, we are still Rangers. The stature of the club, the support and much of the income has not changed. Apart from the odd 100k from TV deal and the unpredictable European income. Unless I am mistaken, even though the ST sales remained high, we shed two dozen players on high and highest wages. While we as fans have our very own (and rather unreal) ideas about what wages should be like, quality/experienced people will not come to us "just because" we are Rangers. They never did during NIAR et al either. That is a normal fact in life. And I would assume that hardly anyone on here knows how much our current players (bar Sandaza) earn per week and whether that is sustainable.

For the time being, I for one assume that it is, else we would not sign players left, right, and centre.

we will see when the accounts come out i suppose.

Cammy Bell is on the official SPL save of the season list 3 times.

In order to ignore the the others on the list go to 4.01, 4.31 & 6.37 on the video and see his nominated saves.

Video.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4fNMApCKRog

What are "high wages" these days? While we all speak about fourth and third tier football and those budgets there, we are still Rangers. The stature of the club, the support and much of the income has not changed. Apart from the odd 100k from TV deal and the unpredictable European income. Unless I am mistaken, even though the ST sales remained high, we shed two dozen players on high and highest wages. While we as fans have our very own (and rather unreal) ideas about what wages should be like, quality/experienced people will not come to us "just because" we are Rangers. They never did during NIAR et al either. That is a normal fact in life. And I would assume that hardly anyone on here knows how much our current players (bar Sandaza) earn per week and whether that is sustainable.

For the time being, I for one assume that it is, else we would not sign players left, right, and centre.

We are playing in lower league football and have just been through administration and liquidation. What does 'we are Rangers' mean? Because we have a history of paying over the odds for mediocrity eg £20k + a week on Whittaker. I think paying £7m a year to trudge through the fourth tier in Scottish football was slightly excessive. It's not as if or all the money we pay we are awash with talent.

We went bankrupt for spending too much, surely you can understand some people being worried when we are spending huge to beat part time opposition. The resources should be spent on scouting and youth development, not mediocre hammer throwers in their 30's like Daly.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

We went bankrupt for spending too much, surely you can understand some people being worried when we are spending huge to beat part time opposition. The resources should be spent on scouting and youth development, not mediocre hammer throwers in their 30's like Daly.

I'm not sure whether you know our history that well.