Desperation As Ibrox Civil War Heats Up

True to form, the anti-Green faction on the Rangers board is ramping up the dirty tricks campaign prior to this weekâ??s momentous board decisions.

We have had scaremongering stories about Charles Green not being allowed to return by the SFA and fans groups being wooed by the Murrayites with the big scary warning that Gers fans will not buy season tickets if the Green team win the boardroom tussle.

I think the reality is that if the anti-Green faction wins, bluenoses may not buy season tickets because that faction will capitulate with not so much as a whimper to the Lawwell-Regan-Doncaster axis in Scottish football.

I believe a deal has already been struck to fast-track Rangers into SPL 2 and that certain fan groups and spokesmen have been primed to get people to accept it. This deal hinges upon the defeat of the Green team in the board Civil War.

I donâ??t see that the vast majority of Rangers fans will accept such a capitulation to the cabal and it looks to me that the anti-Green faction have seriously misjudged the fansâ?? resolution to play fairly through the league set-up.

For the record, should the Green team win the boardroom battle and they accept the invite to join SPL 2, I will oppose it on this blog and elsewhere.

For me, itâ??s either the top tier or the third. Jumping a year is a compromise no Ranger should contemplate as it demeans the integrity of the club.

If your argument is that Rangers should never have been demoted to Division 3 in the first place, then I agree. Which means only a restoration to Gersâ?? lost top tier status is a righteous way to go. SPL 2 is a despicable compromise that would see Rangers join the disloyal teams from the SFL who fled that organisation to take the Lawwell pound.

Everywhere you look you see bitter divides in the Rangers support.

I believe that at this present moment he only fans group that is genuinely looking out for the clubâ??s best interests and not pursuing someone elseâ??s agenda is the Vanguard Bears.

I am aware of people in the RST who are shocked at the way certain Rangers board members are acting.

There is still a possibility that Charles Green himself may return. There is a push for him to be made Chairman and he could come back stronger than ever.

Equally, I understand that there is an option he may pursue which is to sell his shares to someone most bluenoses would be comfortable with and walk off into the sunset.

There is no question that thousands of Gers supporters would welcome him back with open arms.

These supporters are aware that no-one will be fighting Rangersâ?? corner quite so forcibly or so volubly as Big Chuck did.

My understanding of the matter is that Greenâ??s departure is part of a conspiracy that would shock Rangers fans and that certain people at Ibrox prize a cosy, docile and submissive relationship to the cabal more than they do being led by someone who would never surrender to the cabal.

Whilst I agree that peace should be something that should be pursued by those at Ibrox, it should not be a caving-in.

Caving-in is not what Charles Green would have done.

Those who have chosen to dislike the bluff Yorkshireman may be happier to see him stay away.

Should they get their wish they may just have cause to regret it.

Unless, of course, they donâ??t have â??NO SURRENDERâ? running in their veins.

Sadly, a fair few have shown this is missing from their DNA in recent timesâ?¦

http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/2013/05/28/desperation-as-ibrox-civil-war-heats-up/

I am offended that he thinks Gersnet (for we, too, are a fans group IMHO) is working to some kind of agenda.

Becoming less impressed by Bill's work of late.

I never really liked it to be honest. He did have some good pieces and good points but at most I find him an average writer.

As usual, Bill makes some valid points but I find some of the content a bit simplistic.

For example, people keep talk about factions (anti-Green or anti-Murray) but I really don't get that. Yes, many of us have differing opinions on specific issues but I'm not convinced there are actual groups of people (within the support at least) who are aligned to certain others. I've never been a huge fan of Green but clearly he has many good points. Similarly, I can't say I'm overly fond of Malcolm Murray yet he's supposed to have his positives as well.

I'd hazard a guess many bears feel the same way so are effectively neutral when it comes to such debates as we only want the best for our club rather than wee in-fighting, leaks and divisive arguments.

In terms of his SPL2 allegations, I've said for a long time it wouldn't surprise me to see some sort of carve-up for a variety of reasons but mainly because it suits everyone. Personally, I'm like Bill in that I'd prefer the SPL or nothing but I don't think it's as simple as that for our directors who have Cenkos and the share-price to consider.

Generally I think it would be best if Green and Ahmad sold their shares but clearly that's only agreeable if the buyers are more suitable. Doubts remain in that sense so it's a shame we lack a focal point to rally around. All in all, I'd urge people not to buy into this faction crap (no matter the source) and make up their own mind when it comes to the future of the club and the part we play.

Edited by Frankie

Well said, Frankie. There seems an online obsession with thinking in black and white; pro and anti. We've had it for years and years now with SDM, Whyte, Green, the two other Murrays, AJ, King etc etc. People seem to support an individual 100% and hate anyone viewed as opposed to said individual 100%. Then they build their "virtual identity" around who they support and who they oppose and stick to it in every discussion on every topic.

Real life isn't like that. Other than myself I've never met anyone who is right all of the time ;-)

There's more shades of grey in everyone than are in a bestseller's title. We should all support Rangers 100% not Whyte, Green, SDM, King or whomsover. It is not just posters but bloggers too - Leggo has probably supported them all at one time or another and its always 100% and everyone else is 100% a criminal. Now Bill is following suit.

It's like being back in primary six.

I am offended that he thinks Gersnet (for we, too, are a fans group IMHO) is working to some kind of agenda.

Becoming less impressed by Bill's work of late.

I am fairly new here but already i see a blatant, obvious and blinding agenda at play on Gersnet,

an astounding support of Rangers Football Club! :D