Diamonds are Forever

If the bondholder is a season ticket holder then he would have the option to purchase his seat again, surely? The club aren't going to prevent existing season ticket holders from renewing their tickets.

I was a bondholder and have never had a season ticket for my seat. I sit elsewhere. I don't think it's an issue if the club say that they are not going to offer me the chance to buy a season ticket in front of the guy who purchased it for last season. I think it's fairer to offer season tickets to existing season ticket holders before bond holders if they are different people.

As for the "seat for life" that is referred to in the OP, was that really the case for bonds? There was a 35 year period mentioned. The club had the option of repaying them at which time the right to buy a season ticket would presumably disappear.

I'm losing out as a bondholder but I support what the club are doing. It's much better to give the guy who bought a season ticket last season the option rather than someone who put cash into the club 22 years ago.

Guest Devlin

Didn't know you posted over here Dart.

Great to see your work everywhere Rangers related :P.

A bit to pessimistic for me though mate, you're usually more upbeat. It's a disgrace what happened but it's a tricky one for the guy who was handling the call.

Didn't know you posted over here Dart.

Great to see your work everywhere Rangers related :P.

A bit to pessimistic for me though mate, you're usually more upbeat. It's a disgrace what happened but it's a tricky one for the guy who was handling the call.

Hi Dev,

How you doing ?

The main concern of this OP for me is those within our club playing the oldco/newco card when it suits a particular agenda. As a poster on another forum pointed out on this subject, when it came to season ticket sales it was "140 years of unbroken history"

Guest Devlin
Hi Dev' date='

How you doing ?

The main concern of this OP for me is those within our club playing the oldco/newco card when it suits a particular agenda. As a poster on another forum pointed out on this subject, when it came to season ticket sales it was "140 years of unbroken history"[/quote']

I'm grand apart from having no access to my home of RM :cry:

It's a good point with regards to ST sales. I just feel as if it may be getting blown out of proportion, the guy on the phone probably doesn't know too much and it's just a job for him. Have the club addressed this issue directly? As in higher up than the guy manning the phones.

It's a shame but i thought all the bond and share holders were aware they had lost out. As i recall the man with the complaint seemed satisfied when it was explained to him more annoyed at the situation and the customer service (which has admittedly come under a lot of flak over the years). I think a lot of people are more annoyed that celtc fans can use it in their petty new club crusade.

Perhaps the club, as a newco and given that the bondholders lost out on their "investment" as a result of the administration and pending liquidation, could offer those who have season tickets in the bond seats the opportunity to purchase the seat as a bondholder ? Another cash grab for sure but if those who currently have ST's but arent bondholders would like to retain the "right" to that seat then they may be prepared to purchase a bond again. Though I suspect there will be more who are sceptical about parting with their cash given previous bondholders were left holding the bag.