Walter is now the club Chairman

Right but that is never guaranteed, is it. I'm sure Walters is one person who doesn't want to shaft us.

I'm just trying to put another slant on it, I don't venomously object to the appointment nor am I as excited about it as many clearly are.

What he thinks is best may not be best, we shall see.

To be fair, you could apply that to anyone though.

Like you, I'm pretty non-plussed about this until the issues I wrote about on TRS are clarified. Until then, it's just change of seats.

To be fair, you could apply that to anyone though.

Like you, I'm pretty non-plussed about this until the issues I wrote about on TRS are clarified. Until then, it's just change of seats.

You could indeed, i'm just trying to point out that this doesn't mean everything is now suddenly safe and sound because Walter is in this position. Yes he obviously won't do us anything close to deliberate harm like Whyte but it isn't a case of one or another, bringing Martin Bain back is an example of the kind of thing i'm referring to, but I know that was never confirmed beyond a newspaper report.

Everyone should consider the points in your article Frankie before getting carried away.

I'd be astounded if Bain returned. Maybe under a new owner but even then it's hugely unlikely.

I agree Smith being at the helm is no guarantee of success but I'm hoping it tells us everything will be done as we'd expect. It's the right move for the moment but we're a few weeks away from any kind of final solution.

I think he's a non-executive director.

Thanks for correcting me PA. So - as Frankie says, it's just musical chairs.

Or is it? Now that Walter is the chairman, a lot of fans will make it very, very difficult to get rid of him. Also a lot of fans will take umbrage if he walks.

So I think he wields a lot of power. Let's see if he uses it wisely.

I'm interested firstly to see how he deals with Blue Pitch and the Easedales.

Walter may get it wrong. Anyone may but all you can ask of anyone is they try their hardest and do what they believe to be right for rangers. That's the least we will get from Walter. It's signifly better than we would get from Ahmed or any other Zeus pasty.

one of my concerns about Walter is his closeness to Ally McCoist. From a football perspective we simply cannot have another season like the last one. The team manager must have clear targets for next season. We'll probably be in three domestic cup competitions & whichever league we're in. I'd say 3 out of 4 must be the targets one of which should be the league. Will Walter set that sort of target for Ally?

I've got a sudden good feeling about the club, could be my usual premature ejaculation but it led me to look again at the quote of the

Greatest ever Ranger...Mr Struth.

I have been lucky — lucky in those who were around me from the boardroom to the dressing-room. In time of stress, their unstinted support, unbroken devotion to our club and calmness in adversity eased the task of making Rangers FC the premier club in this country.

It's a helluva journey we are all on, but somehow I feel a gigantic step has been taken today