The plan is to form SPL2 & invite QOTS & RFC.

Absolute no no for me. Once again we used to save the asses of others.

Lets say we'd accept, the other chairman will be in the position of thinking (and probably saying to each other) this Rangers team is weak and wont be near the top end of the league.

How are we supposed to prepare for such a jump? Would we have made the signings of the likes of Law, Daly and Clark if we were only 1 season away from SPL again?

And where is the loyality to the SFL who gave us our chance again last season.

It's not a big jump Gribz we are going into a 'proper' league now. The 3rd division is the same duff as the 4th.

It's in everybody's (more so us) interest to push on with Rangers at the top table.

We can drag this out and cut our nose off despite our face and wait another two years until we get back....WHY WAIT?

Best thing for every Gers fan is to get back quicker than quick

Presumably we would need to give the appropriate notice to the SFL so it couldn't happen next season anyway.

Also would they be willing to waive the illegal transfer ban? Doubt it, and if they don't do that then it has to be a non-starter, and that's before you take account of the other good points already made on this thread.

The SPL and SFA have spent the past year and a half trying to mistreat, abuse and humiliate us (that's apart from those who wanted to see us dead). Yet, despite that, there are some Rangers fans who would be happy for us to abandon our dignity and go running when that shower of poisonous dwarves whistle for us to come and save their necks - and for what? So that we can play Morton and Falkirk a season earlier?

No way! We should only *consider* any move to an SPL2 *after* we have received a recognition that the SFA and SPL acted illegally, that they failed to live up to or carry out their duties and responsibilities and an apology from both organisations is forthcoming. Short of that, we should wish them a nice season and point them in the direction of the Fuck Off door.

If we agree to join the SPL or SPL 2 it would show a weakness that would forever be exploited by Liewell and the likes.

Whilst financially it may be worth considering I hope the board tell them where to stick their invitation.

Cammy F

If we think there are splits and factions in the Rangers support now just wait and see what happens if this comes to pass. I know many fans who are saying that will be them finished with Rangers.

The club needs to tread very carefully here.

Write to the new chairman, make public announcements via the RST and RSA ... we as a support should be very clear about it.

In saying that, those who put very valid points into this thread should combine and publish it on the main site and thus spread the word world-wide.

SPL 2 Fast-Track Plan Exposed

Posted on June 1, 2013 by billmcmurdo

Rumours swirling around the internet about a possible fast-track for Rangers into SPL 2 along with Queen of the South have more substance to them than some would credit.

Even some of my closest friends and colleagues thought I had lost the plot when I recently blogged on a deal being struck that would fast-track Rangers into SPL 2.

The prospect has filled thousands of Rangers fans with horror and many have stated on this blog and elsewhere that they will not renew their season ticket should the club accept the invite and, in effect, join the Lawwell cabal running our game.

Some have even gone so far as to say they would be finished with Rangers forever should the board at Ibrox sell out in such a manner.

As I wrote previously, it appears a tentative deal has been struck behind the scenes and it is my understanding that the recent boardroom coup to remove Charles Green was part of it all. Green had to be taken out of the equation so that the board would be more compliant.

It has to be said that the fast-track is by no means a done deal. There is opposition from other clubs and soundings are being taken among the fans to gauge reaction. Obviously there is a tipping point level of Rangers fans who wouldn’t renew season tickets in protest which, if reached, would render any financial advantage gained by accepting the SPL2 invite irrelevant.

In other words, if enough Gers fans do not renew, it will offset any gain made from taking the cabal bung.

Selected people have been primed to “sell” the SPL 2 concept to the Rangers support.

People who voice their dissent – and there will be many of them – will be branded as traitors for not supporting the decision to accept the invite to join SPL 2.

It looks as if the Civil War that engulfed the boardroom will now spread to the fanbase as Gers supporters will be split between those happy to join the cabal and those who want Rangers to go through the league ladder on merit.

I have no doubt some will say I am scaremongering here. They have one major problem with that. The invite to SPL 2 IS an option on the table.

As I said, even my friends and colleagues thought I had been drinking the happy juice when I first brought this up. Now they have had the opportunity to do a little digging, they know the fast-track is not a figment of my imagination.

Of course, Rangers could eliminate all uncertainty and ensure the sale of thousands of season tickets by just issuing a statement saying the club will not accept any fast-track into SPL 2.

Before I am accused of encouraging fans not to renew their season tickets should the Rangers board accept any invite to join SPL 2, let me make my position very clear.

Whilst I personally vehemently oppose any fast-track to SPL 2, the decision to purchase season tickets is up to every fan’s own judgement and conscience.

As many fans are now saying, it’s SPL 1 for me or nothing. If the argument is that Scottish football needs the money, then let it be SPL 1. Rangers don’t need the scraps from the top table.

For various reasons, the formal invite for Rangers to jump a year and join SPL 2 may never come. But make no mistake – it is being considered and discussed.

If and when it comes, it may just blow the Rangers fanbase, as well as the rest of Scottish football, apart.

http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/2013/06/01/spl-2-fast-track-plan-exposed/