The plan is to form SPL2 & invite QOTS & RFC.

You are deflecting from the discussion here. No one but you has mentioned hate, spite, self-pity and self-harm. No one is talking revenge or bragging rights. The discussion here is whether we should accept being fast-tracked to SPL2. You say you want an amicable solution. From whom do you expect that solution to come? Regan, Doncaster, Lawwell and the rest of the cabal? Really? We are NOT asking for anything. We WANT to be able to progress with the task set for us. We have risen above all harms done to us and we ARE making a valuable contribution to our sport. If I remember correctly, Queens Park F.C. have said that because of the gate money they have made due to Rangers visits this season they are more or less set up for the next five or more seasons. All this discussion about SPL2 etc. is at this moment in time nothing but speculation. The most important thing for our club at this time is stability. Stability gives us a springboard from which to grow strong. If we continue to be driven forward by other people's agendas then we will always be off-balance and at the behest of those who wish to control us. I don't understand how you would be willing to call for our club to suck it up and move on when we already have. Just last week when the report about the Green-Whyte relationship was about to be published we had Regan threatening to punish Rangers if it did not meet with his approval. The conditions under which Scottish football is operating at the moment are not of Rangers' making. The "leaders" of Scottish football have created these conditions. The way you lay out your case I get the feeling that you want Rangers to come up with a solution and agree to be subjunctive to the cabal. Sorry, I don't want my club to be beholden to anyone, neither do I want my club to be treated any different from any other club in SFL 2. I see no reason for Rangers to progress in any way other than they are at the moment. We cannot influence any votes. We are not invited to any of the meetings that are supposedly leading the game forward. What would you have us do, other that what the cabal dictates? I, like you, am part of a global support for Rangers that measures in the millions. We have a love for and a pride in our club, because down through the ages this club has shown itself to be a sporting, influential and honourable institution that has conducted its affairs with a responsible dignity second to none. We all know that this club has done nothing wrong other than being owned by first a megalomaniac and second by a complete shyster. I for one would not advocate that our club would engage in any actions, voluntarily, that would jeopardise the loyalty of its support. The supporters are the reason Rangers are here today. They are the ones who will keep Rangers commercially viable. Leave us be to get on with the job. Success is always better when it has been earned. I'll guarantee you that if Rangers are allowed to progress through the leagues to the top of the SPL not one fan will have left the Rangers' family. What was it Mr. Struth had to say about dignity?

All very eloquently put but completely missing the point. Like you say initially before going off on more than one tangent, the discussion is whether we should accept being fast-tracked. Like I've said, there's no way we should unconditionally accept such an offer. As long as we can approach the subject with balance and fairness then I don't think we'd have any demands which could be considered unreasonable. I've said in other posts what I think those demands should be, but I only speak for myself and would never claim to speak for the club or support as a whole.

If any offer is put to us, all I'm suggesting is that we should consider it. If there's room to negotiate then we should do so. In the end if the offer on the table is in our best interest then we should accept. Nothing more.

It doesn't matter what motivates them to make the offer, it's what would motivate us to point blank refuse the mere notion of being fast tracked that concerns me.

For me, this has to come as a very public invitation.

Also there has to some form of public apology.

And if it does happen, or when we get back to the SPL, I don't see huge crowds going to certain away games.

The game needs purged. There's too much bad blood.

So, the choice would be between greater income and a year off the journey back to the top, versus abandoning the SFL2 clubs and having every anti-Rangers supporter baiting us forevermore that reconstruction was merely an establishment device to help us.

I'd prefer that we decline any such invite, and cite our reason as "Sporting Integrity", given that the highest placed non-promoted team in SFL2 last season was Brechin and therefore they should have been asked, not us. I'm sure the irony of that would not be lost on anyone.

All very eloquently put but completely missing the point. Like you say initially before going off on more than one tangent, the discussion is whether we should accept being fast-tracked. Like I've said, there's no way we should unconditionally accept such an offer. As long as we can approach the subject with balance and fairness then I don't think we'd have any demands which could be considered unreasonable. I've said in other posts what I think those demands should be, but I only speak for myself and would never claim to speak for the club or support as a whole.

If any offer is put to us, all I'm suggesting is that we should consider it. If there's room to negotiate then we should do so. In the end if the offer on the table is in our best interest then we should accept. Nothing more.

It doesn't matter what motivates them to make the offer, it's what would motivate us to point blank refuse the mere notion of being fast tracked that concerns me.

As I read you here you have two points,

i) If we receive an offer we should consider it and if it is our best interest we accept it. - Okay, fair enough. I just don't think we shall ever be offered anthing that will be in our best interest, because our best interest is something they have shown to have no taste for.

ii) Why we would turn down the merest notion of being fast-tracked. - I don't trust them after the last twelve month. No one has done a due diligence that we have seen that we can believe any of their promises. I have a fear that the cabal will not allow any change in power and we will be in a worse position than we are now, with no allies. I don't believe that the proposed move is legal and will indeed hit snags. We need to have no part in a cabal cover up to save their failing regime. It is just plain wrong to assist in cutting adrift the rest of SFL 2 and SFL 3. You are assuming that whatever offer they bring will be genuine and can be negotiated in good faith. I don't believe that.

Finally, I would much rather they do not attempt to fast-track us up the leagues because without trust you have nothing going for you. Really, how can we trust the leadership of Scottish football. Without changes there, I would be inclined to leave well enough alone. With the state of the game and with us in SFL 2, I don't think they can maintain their positions much longer, the leadership that is. If that were to happen and with genuine fair-minded people in their positions I think the game would draw closer. Perhaps then Trust might be possible.

p.s. time for a bit of shut-eye on this side of the pond.

Edited by barca72

i) If we receive an offer we should consider it and if it is our best interest we accept it. - Okay, fair enough. I just don't think we shall ever be offered anthing that will be in our best interest, because our best interest is something they have shown to have no taste for.

I agree, but there would be no harm in listening to their proposal before deciding. This is something I would expect of the club, but it seems many on here including those I would consider the more reasonable minded among us have already made up their minds.

ii) Why we would turn down the merest notion of being fast-tracked. - I don't trust them after the last twelve month. No one has done a due diligence that we have seen that we can believe any of their promises. I have a fear that the cabal will not allow any change in power and we will be in a worse position than we are now, with no allies. I don't believe that the proposed move is legal and will indeed hit snags. We need to have no part in a cabal cover up to save their failing regime. It is just plain wrong to assist in cutting adrift the rest of SFL 2 and SFL 3. You are assuming that whatever offer they bring will be genuine and can be negotiated in good faith. I don't believe that.

I don't think there's any reason we should trust them. There is only the remote possibility that in this instance what's good for them is also good for Rangers. The club would need to be very careful in it's analysis of any offer to ensure they're not given an inch to shift the goalposts. Transparency would also be of utmost importance and the club would need to retain the right to communicate in full the details of these discussions with the support.

I should add that as I've said previously on this I think those allies you mention should be well compensated in any fast tracking event - by the SPL. The local economies of the Div2 clubs could be compenstated by us over time by means of close season friendlies.

As a reminder, the other two conditions I suggested were that we should given a clean slate. By this I mean a legally binding written guarantee of immunity from any historical club issues. The other condition was the reinstatement of our full membership and voting rights. The way I see it if these three principal conditions can be agreed upon then we can move forward with the discussions.

I agree, but there would be no harm in listening to their proposal before deciding. This is something I would expect of the club, but it seems many on here including those I would consider the more reasonable minded among us have already made up their minds.

I don't think there's any reason we should trust them. There is only the remote possibility that in this instance what's good for them is also good for Rangers. The club would need to be very careful in it's analysis of any offer to ensure they're not given an inch to shift the goalposts. Transparency would also be of utmost importance and the club would need to retain the right to communicate in full the details of these discussions with the support.

I should add that as I've said previously on this I think those allies you mention should be well compensated in any fast tracking event - by the SPL. The local economies of the Div2 clubs could be compenstated by us over time by means of close season friendlies.

As a reminder, the other two conditions I suggested were that we should given a clean slate. By this I mean a legally binding written guarantee of immunity from any historical club issues. The other condition was the reinstatement of our full membership and voting rights. The way I see it if these three principal conditions can be agreed upon then we can move forward with the discussions.

My friend, I commend you for your unfailing ability to see the best in people. These conditions and terms you speak of will never at this time be considered by the cabal. Neither will there be an offer which will be open to discussion. If any offer is coming it will be a 'take it or leave it' proposition, too late in the year for anything else. I'm afraid that you and I will have to agree to disagree on the character of the people who make up the cabal. Their viscious actions in the past show me that they do not wish to be a partner with us, but rather they wish to dominate us. How could we possibly, in good faith, enter into a contract with these people? They will have to be prepared to admit to the fact that they need us within their ranks as an equal partner, and in my mind that will be as much of an apology or admittance of guilt from them as we are ever likely to see, before we could meet them at the table. They are not yet weak enough to concede that. They tried to kill us, and although business makes strange bedfellows there are limits to which we must be asked to endure. I repeat, until there is change at the top of the SFA, SPL and PGB I would prefer if Rangers maintain their present course. When we feel that we are stronger and of equal strength to the cabal, then maybe ...

Whether we should or should not have been put into Division 3 is a different argument IMO. It happened.

If we get invited into SPL 2 it's nothing to do with the rights and wrongs of a previous decision and only due to finance.

BD. With the greatest respect, morality and dignity should have a role to play. At least in my book.

I agree, but there would be no harm in listening to their proposal before deciding. .

And this is Proposal No.3 as the first 2 have failed. We werent part of any other proposals except being denied promotion in the first one and playing in a league of 18. Its self interest all the way from the SPL.