Dear Rangers - would you like 30 pieces of silver ?

It doesn't seem like this is even on the cards but...

For any club to be invited to skip a division simply because they're a better source of income is just plain wrong. It's completely against the ideals of sport.

If [/i ]the SPL were to admit they'd falsely accused and incorrectly punished us (and I don't believe for a second they would) then why would we accept a boost up to the second flight? Surely we'd be due our place back in the top flight (with compensation) and anything less would be continued penalisation for their mistake.

But in any case, that's not what's being suggested here. In the scenario that's being put forward (albeit an unsubstantiated rumour of a scenario) all the SPL are doing is admitting that they need to increase their revenue and want to use our selling power to help achieve that. There's no apology and nothing in it that could make us feel vindicated in any way. We'd simply be complicit in a scheme which puts cash ahead of all other sporting considerations.

I think folk need to be clear as to WHY we were put into the 3rd Div.....

The SPL share is held by the COMPANY ie Oldco. We requested that the share be transferred to the Newco. The other SPL shareholders took a democratic vote on whether to allow the transfer - they voted no. With the SPL being a separate entity from the SFL, we had to apply for SFL membership - we were not relegated. The SFL clubs all agreed that the correct thing to do was to start us @ the bottom.

We didn't end up in the bottom tier due to a punishment or some such from the SPL/SFA - The SPL clubs refused to transfer our membership. They CHOSE to vote us out of their league.

Now the realities are starting to hit home.....clubs are feeling the pinch, investors are reluctant to put money in and the SPL clubs are realising that the need us back - they have effectively changed their minds.

Now, RFC is a club with dignity & integrity. We accepted the situation and were/are grateful to the SFL for welcoming us into their league. We are doing more good to all these lower league clubs than the SPL could EVER do. Were are directly helping Scottish football by being where we are. The income generated by the Gers fans last season will keep some of these clubs ticking over for years, it will allow them to grow & expand. Are we to simply slap them in the face & bu**er off back to the very group that saw fit to vote us out when it suited them???

While I agree that financially, being in the SPL1/2 should be better, I think if we were to be fast tracked, it would be cast up to the club forever more - we must earn our spot in the top league & prove to the world that we were, are and always will be the top club in the country - on the park and off it!!!!

"People" were mainly demanding that the league should not be restructured mid-season.

If the authorities were determined to do it, then most folks were demanding that we should at least have received what we believed we were competing for - i.e. some form of promotion.

The league should not be-jigged to the detriment or for the benefit of any particular team. The only way it's fair and sporting is if the criteria for promotion / relegation is made clear at the start of the season and is competed for fairly.

I'm sure you understand that.

As I say a month ago people were demanding we skip a league if their was restructuring because nothing else would be fair.

That's different....we had won the league & earned promotion. The problem was that under the reconstruction proposal, every other team in div3 was getting bumped up as well

The truth if rather different, the SPL executive abdicated responsibility to the club chairmen who then abdicated responsibility to Rangers hating fans.

These turds deserve every misfortune heading their way.