Transcending supporter factions

We may all agree about the club needing to move forward etc but there's some fundamental disagreements about what the path for that is. In particular I'm probably referring to the 'Rangers men' or not debate.

The criterion should be competence. As Frankie mentions we can't make any decisions without knowing what people intend to do.

Is one single supporters group possible?

That must be the best way for fans to either control the club or at least have a large influence. I'd be all for a membership scheme a la Barcelona/Real where we vote for a President or Chairman who actually leads the club, makes all the major decisions (backed by the board) and is generally charged with bringing success within the budgetary restrictions placed upon him. Is it too much to ask?

There are many good contributions to this issue. However, I am confused and will remain so until one crucial question is clarified. Just who or what group has sufficient shares to claim that they own Rangers and can call the shots. I confess to not having a clue. I was alarmed a couple of weeks back when some lawyer bloke from the Middle East indicated that he had the power/influence to call an EGM for the purpose of changing the structure of the board. I may be missing the point but while it would be great to have the voice of people like ourselves, who have gladly put our hands in our pockets, in support of our club, In a position to be involved in the decision making process, I am at a loss to understand just how this can be achieved until the confusion over who has "ownership rights" and what their intentions are.

Things is, the internet community ain't the "mass of the support" and neither is it really a mirror of what the support thinks or will do.

As for the boards and the fan groups as such, IMHO they all wish the best for Rangers FC and are hardly at odds with one another, at least not as it is being made out by the media. What is evident is that while the aim is the same, the wave-length that people want this aim to be achieved with differs. Else, there would not be a quarter dozen such fan groups.

not sure I'd agree with that - how many of the Internet community are season ticket holders of know season ticket holders and know what they think?

From personal experience, I'd say the "internet community" are pretty much representative of the support as a whole.

I agree with the point about us all wanting the best for the club, though.

There are guys posting for a return to SPL2 that I have a lot of respect for, but totally disagree with on this issue (- totally disagree with to the point that if Rangers joined this sham, I'd be finished with football -) even though those beliefs represent a red line for me ( and my first game was 1969) but I'm not going to personally attack them for their viewpoint because I respect the fact that they believe honestly that this is the best thing for Rangers.

not sure I'd agree with that - how many of the Internet community are season ticket holders of know season ticket holders and know what they think?

From personal experience, I'd say the "internet community" are pretty much representative of the support as a whole.

I'd disagree. Many of the non-Internet season ticket holders I know tend to have different views on issues to the Internet community.

Perhaps it's a different age range, perhaps it's not having the same exposures to all the arguments, not sure but it can be different.

The question is how much openness are supporters actually entitled to?

I would say, and I know many disagree, as much as possible. Apart from certain negotiations where to publicise would give an advantage to our opponents, transfers, contracts etc. Perhaps if more information were in the public domain, it would be harder for crooks and shysters to run the Club to their advantage. We the Support have kept the Club alive, to be treated like mushrooms again would go very much against the grain.

Only my opinion of course':)