What does Jim Traynor do?

I can't see anything tangible he has done in months? He was brought in as Media Director yet we are at our lowest ebb on the media front.

All he did was produce a few strongly worded articles on the official website. They were hugely popular but to me they looked very amateurish. A club like us should not be publishing strongly worded blog type articles, it looks pathetic and I doubt any other big club would ever do it. Yes we need to be standing up for ourselves but there's ways and means.

His articles slightly reminded me of the type of hate filled dirge you see Romanov coming out with where you end up looking like a loon ball.

Is it just me letting my imagination run riot, but didn't the press leaks escalate rather than lessen after his arrival? I'm not suggesting that he was 'the mole' but I (naively) thought when he came the press would get what we wanted them to get, and not much more.

I can't see him being there longer than a couple of months more, and I think he will leave these shores (to join Darryl King?) as there is no safe haven for him after us. He will be hated.

Is it just me letting my imagination run riot, but didn't the press leaks escalate rather than lessen after his arrival? I'm not suggesting that he was 'the mole' but I (naively) thought when he came the press would get what we wanted them to get, and not much more.

I can't see him being there longer than a couple of months more, and I think he will leave these shores (to join Darryl King?) as there is no safe haven for him after us. He will be hated.

you're right and while he isn't innocent I'd image, he isn't necessarily the whole cause. MM plus the Green camp are obviously all at it. It's pretty telling that in the leaked tapes IA accused MM of leaks and he didn't even bother deny it.

Christ, what a tragedy our great club has become. We're the new Harchester Utd.

I always like Traynor (before it became suddenly cool to like him) but he is currently oozing in incompetence in a club that breeds it.

you're right and while he isn't innocent I'd image, he isn't necessarily the whole cause. MM plus the Green camp are obviously all at it. It's pretty telling that in the leaked tapes IA accused MM of leaks and he didn't even bother deny it.

Christ, what a tragedy our great club has become. We're the new Harchester Utd.

I always like Traynor (before it became suddenly cool to like him) but he is currently oozing in incompetence in a club that breeds it.

You have had some real belters today ...

Still awaiting his much heralded communications strategy - you know, the one he promised several months ago! It seems to me he has made no meaningful impact on any aspect of the club's operations. I think we must ask some serious questions about his position, his apparant lack of impact and the salary he's being paid for being a faceless, toothless and anonymous director.

If I remember it correctly, someone of the Rangers media team told us that he's doing a revamp of all things Rangers media and that was going to be set in motion around about now (i.e. this summer). I assume some folk (me too) expected him to join us and coming out with all guns blazing immediately. That was apparently not his job ... though we will most likely hear more from him in the future. Silence is not by default a bad thing.

I think he is busily writing "Charles Green's book" (As Charles calls it despite having someone else write it and it being about Rangers). Should make a lot of money for them both.

Edited by SteveC