I'm afraid the Jig story is true. Two NARSA committee members confirmed that he accepted an invite then asked not only for NARSA to fund one of his brothers' costs but also for business class flights and "alcohol". Jig apparently goes on holiday with both brothers every year and was willing to pay for one to attend NARSA but not both.

There's a rather more disturbing story of what Jig did when he realised the story had got out. If I'm given the OK, I'll post it on here later today.

I see on another forum that McCulloch has come in for some severe criticism yet there's not a mention of this on Gersnet. Why?

Just a guess but because no-one had posted about it? ;)

Rubbish. There is 'Gersnet' run strictly by admin, who pull what they don't like regularly. If it does not suit their agenda, it is pulled so no comments on it are allowed.

It was also on FF as well, but got pulled because it is anti Jig.

Interesting that Jig has denied it on twitter, totally at odds with what people involved with the SF club / narsa are saying.

Yes, Gersnet is run by admin and we do remove threads but very rarely indeed and we certainly don't have any agenda.

Not sure what point you were making about proxies? Generally we used to ban/remove posters who used these because of security issues but I don't think we enforce that as much now because they're so common and so difficult to police.

I'm afraid the Jig story is true. Two NARSA committee members confirmed that he accepted an invite then asked not only for NARSA to fund one of his brothers' costs but also for business class flights and "alcohol". Jig apparently goes on holiday with both brothers every year and was willing to pay for one to attend NARSA but not both.

There's a rather more disturbing story of what Jig did when he realised the story had got out. If I'm given the OK, I'll post it on here later today.

I assume NARSA asked the club to comment on this?

While I'd have no issue with NARSA picking up the tab for the club captain, there's no way in hell he should be asking for further recompense. If he considers it a duty that he needs to be effectively paid to do then if he wants others to accompany him (be it friends, family or his agent) then that's his prerogative and costs.

However, McCulloch has apparently denied this and at least one person has also told me the same story about Wallace so I'd be wary of taking this at face value as it stands.

It is a strange one at least three people to my knowledge have claimed the information came directly from a NARSA official, one claimed NARSA now just want it to go away as it doesn't do anyone any favours.

It is a strange one at least three people to my knowledge have claimed the information came directly from a NARSA official, one claimed NARSA now just want it to go away as it doesn't do anyone any favours.

I think it wouldn't surprise me to be honest. I know ex-players often ask for a lot of extra 'expenses' for attending similar events so it's hardly a new thing.

But, as always, this type of thing can grow arms and legs out of simple misunderstandings so people should be careful of what they say in the absence of genuine facts.

Apparently he has said he had family commitments.

Guest Nevergreen

Find it hard to side with either of the two, Im sure Jig could have gave up his weekend to promote Rangers in the new world, I'm also sure the NARSA Rep could have kept their own council on this, it's hardly news that players expect freebies.