New SPFL Structures voted through: 12-10-10-10

Guest Nevergreen
On the contrary, I think this proved how much they really need us, and when our voice returns we'll have a number of backers at the table now that we didn't have in the SPL. We're not much worse off now than we were last week. This will help the SPL clubs but it won't save them, they've still a ton of work to do and it won't clear the debts being held by Aberdeen, Hearts, Killie, Utd or ICT either.

Remember we're still rebuilding our club, the others haven't even begun that process yet.

That is a thought, we have built up relaitions with the clubs in the 3rd division with the same to come in the 2nd and 1st, by the time we get back to the SPL half the crap they try to spread around just won't stick.

That is a thought, we have built up relaitions with the clubs in the 3rd division with the same to come in the 2nd and 1st, by the time we get back to the SPL half the crap they try to spread around just won't stick.

How much did they help today?

Guest Nevergreen
Overall, I think it was probably best that this went through. I have concerns though and I trust the club will be making robust enquiries about this apparent sudden changing of the goalposts, with regards to our ability to play trialists.
Has this went through, Is this one of the 42 side issues to be voted on. One of the other issues is the removal of the restrictions on squad size, don't know wether this is a good or bad thing.

I think Rangers sat back knowing full well this would happen and because we never had a vote it would attach no blame for this vote to us.

Rangers are as culpable as those other SFL Clubs who voted for this as by saying nothing they showed which way they really wanted to go.

I would also say the type of signings McCoist has brought in and the ones he is still after is an even bigger indication that Rangers knew full well what was going on behind the scenes and chose to do or say nothing and to think that we were told,when we went down to Div. 3,that the Club listened to the fans and went down with our heads held high and were willing to work our way back to the top.

Now the fans,or the vast majority of them,want to keep doing just that and by saying nothing the Club are,imo,thumbing their noses at their own fans here.

To say i'm disappointed in my Club in all this is an extreme understatement.

Another thing is how quick a new schedule is brought out will be an indication of how long this move was in the works.

The logistics of a new schedule and the preparations for it don't just manifest themselves overnight.

Could this new structure allow them to vote through a 12 12 18 easier?

Probably coz every one is under the same umbrella, and also according to the Annan chairman, the board will be a 3-2-1 setup...ie 3 from SPL, 2 from Div1, 1 from Div2 - Div 3 have no direct representation on the board.

Another bad day for us, our friends weren't of much use today probably because we can count them on the fingers of one hand, I fear the powers that be have much worse in store for us unless someone with the courage to take them head on stands up for us in the boardroom, I won't hold my breath.

I think Rangers sat back knowing full well this would happen and because we never had a vote it would attach no blame for this vote to us.

Rangers are as culpable as those other SFL Clubs who voted for this as by saying nothing they showed which way they really wanted to go.

I would also say the type of signings McCoist has brought in and the ones he is still after is an even bigger indication that Rangers knew full well what was going on behind the scenes and chose to do or say nothing and to think that we were told,when we went down to Div. 3,that the Club listened to the fans and went down with our heads held high and were willing to work our way back to the top.

Now the fans,or the vast majority of them,want to keep doing just that and by saying nothing the Club are,imo,thumbing their noses at their own fans here.

To say i'm disappointed in my Club in all this is an extreme understatement.

Another thing is how quick a new schedule is brought out will be an indication of how long this move was in the works.

The logistics of a new schedule and the preparations for it don't just manifest themselves overnight.

A lot of conjecture in there above, as well as a rather negative look at what Rangers knew and wanted.

As far as I am concerned, at this moment and time, Rangers had no vote and no say. Anything they would have said would be held up against them, one way or another. If they are accepted as members like any other SFL club, without any restriction, this silence may very well change.

I don't see this as a bad day for us....it's a bad day for Scottish Football!!!

The SPL will now be in control of the who game - expect a greater number of "irrelevant" clubs to be shafted over the coming seasons. The top teams/league have no interest in the lower league - and neither would we if we were still in the SPL. However, we can look at things differently after last season. We now have an interest in Div3 teams - we have a more personal relationship with them now.

I don't think there will be any further repercussions for us - on what grounds could they be applied??? What it may do is give the SPL more power to jump us a league.....