New SPFL Structures voted through: 12-10-10-10

I don't see this as a bad day for us....it's a bad day for Scottish Football!!!

The SPL will now be in control of the who game - expect a greater number of "irrelevant" clubs to be shafted over the coming seasons. The top teams/league have no interest in the lower league - and neither would we if we were still in the SPL. However, we can look at things differently after last season. We now have an interest in Div3 teams - we have a more personal relationship with them now.

I don't think there will be any further repercussions for us - on what grounds could they be applied??? What it may do is give the SPL more power to jump us a league.....

You may have been asleep for awhile , any grounds that they deem fit is the simple answer.

I would like to think this is the time for olive branches. However I remain to be convinced. If this is the start of a new round of Gers bashing there will be no way back. Surely the rest of Scottish football are aware of the meaning behind the Goose that Laid the Golden Egg?

Can someone please simplify this for me and tell me,

Is this good or bad for Rangers?

How many more years have we lost a say in the TV rights thing?

Do we now get a vote on any new changes to the game?

This this make us stronger or weaker?

Will there or can there be any more unfair or illegal sanctions placed on our club?

Thanks guys.

Article: Hamilton chairman Les Gray: SFL vote justifies our breakaway threat ... I mean, what sort of utterly stupid and arrogant remark to make. That troll committed blackmail on a grand scale and managed to bully enough folk into obedience to get his choice-vote by the margin of 2. I for one can't wait to see these sort of people hit the walls with their clubs ...

You may have been asleep for awhile , any grounds that they deem fit is the simple answer.

We have been "punished" already for any & all previous issues. They may want to pursue the links with Whyte, but again their grounds for it look VERY shaky to me, since an INDEPENDENT inquiry has already stated there is (or has been) no involvement. If an investigation & following punishment is pursued, they better make sure their case is 110% watertight - otherwise it will clearly be a witch hunt.

For us next season...it's business as usual in Div2.

Just a thought. If - and it's a big if - we are admitted as a full member, and given our Chairman is the most respected person in Scottish football, who wil sit on the board to represent Divs 2 & 3?

Also given that we have half the Scottish fan base and about 65% of paying viewers.

A lot of conjecture in there above, as well as a rather negative look at what Rangers knew and wanted.

As far as I am concerned, at this moment and time, Rangers had no vote and no say. Anything they would have said would be held up against them, one way or another. If they are accepted as members like any other SFL club, without any restriction, this silence may very well change.

Conjecture and negativity??

OK i'll give you that but are you saying Rangers knew nothing of this??

Could this new structure allow them to vote through a 12 12 18 easier?

Absolutely! League fixtures still to be announced so why not.

We then get an invite to the 2nd twelve or stay in the bottom tier.

Edited by 54andcounting

We have been "punished" already for any & all previous issues. They may want to pursue the links with Whyte, but again their grounds for it look VERY shaky to me, since an INDEPENDENT inquiry has already stated there is (or has been) no involvement. If an investigation & following punishment is pursued, they better make sure their case is 110% watertight - otherwise it will clearly be a witch hunt.

For us next season...it's business as usual in Div2.

Your faith in those who deserve no faith only suspicion is admirable, if badly misplaced.

You know we might look back on this decision one day as one of the better ones even if it doesn't feel like it just now.

What has actually happened today? Well the power of the SPL cabal has been diluted and I expect it to be further diluted in the coming seasons. No way will the mid-ranking clubs allow the larger clubs to rule with impunity again. Everyone is round the table now and all voices will need to be listened too. I also expect we'll see further fairly radical league restructuring soon too. The SFL clubs have agreed this so they can get a say in the future and their future looks quite different from Aberdeen and Celtics. I'd be very surprised if we don't have a significantly bigger top division in a couple of years.

Money wise a more even spread is actually in our interests too. The more competitive the league the better the league I believe.

I'm not so sure about that. I'd like to see how democratic it is. I expect that a couple of SPL teams will be able to block anything that doesn't suit them.