Kieran Prior buys 1.5% of RFC

The City whizzkid forked out almost £400,000 on 785,000 shares, right, with the promise of a further purchase.

He told Record Sport: “I can confirm I’ve purchased 1.2 per cent of the club and I plan to increase my stake in the next 24 hours, subject to supply.

Prior, originally from Salford but now based in London, is now one of the most significant individual shareholders in the club.

It is somewhat strange to read these numbers and see the words next to them: 1.2% vs. most significant individual shareholder. How journos end up with these combinations is astonishing, but it's probably their business. Then again, their business should also be simply checking the facts and figures ... if they know about 1.2%, why don't they use the correct nummber of 799k shares? Ah well, it's Friday ...

Guest Blueandtrue

I'm shocked that a smart man thinks it would be wise to invest in the shambles our club has become. Maybe he can outsmart Lieswell and end this corruption in the Scottish game

I'm shocked that a smart man thinks it would be wise to invest in the shambles our club has become. Maybe he can outsmart Lieswell and end this corruption in the Scottish game

It is a wise investment though....our share price should increase as we work up the league, and the boardroom etc settles down. In 5 years (ish), I think you would stand to make a pretty penny.

It is a wise investment though....our share price should increase as we work up the league, and the boardroom etc settles down. In 5 years (ish), I think you would stand to make a pretty penny.

Sincerely doubt that, by the end of next season we will need a large cash injection or to slash our running costs considerbly.

There must be a level that we can run at that sees us break even. Our squad should be sustainable as proportion to our income. Our running costs should actually have economies of scale meaning we should have an even better squad in proportion to our income.

We may not be able to compete with Celtic in the lower leagues when they steal our tv money, have bigger sponsorship, higher ticket prices and have European income, but we should still be able to support the second best squad in the country without making a loss.

I just don't get it.