Rangers Part Of Hearts Financial Problems

Think I heard a soundbite from Dumbcaster saying that they had enforced a registration ban on Hearts for failing to pay the HMRC bill in full.

Not only do they have to sell their 1st team...they can't register ANYONE new....

Agreed.

I am not sure what they are waiting for TBH as a miracle buyer or bailout doesnt look forth coming. They should be preparing for long term.

No OF Derbies, no Edinburgh derbies and no Dundee derbies...how are the SPL going to sell a TV package to SKY? Old skicky balls in the cup draws is likely!

No matter what they get, it will be announced as something special, much like the SFA's 60m deal which is better than e.g. Russia's. You wonder what the Russians do with the little money they get whe nyou look at their world ranking. Or Albania's authorities, Peru's, Mali's ... yes, that not exactly fair, but you'll get the point.

Celtic can't lose either way. Hearts aren't a threat to them for the title (or more importantly CL revenue) and if they do get demoted, it could even be another step to Scottish football going part time and Celtic looking to get a way in to another league.

we were sent to SFL3 because we had a failed CVA and newco was the only option

We were sent to SFL 3 because the clubs in the SPL chose to send us there. They decided to play to the gallery of bigots and people with an unquenchable hatred of Rangers and refused to accept that the purchase of Rangers FC by Charles Green's consortium was a legitimate continuation of the Club - despite the new owners of the Club having bought the Club's share in the SPL.

They chose to expel us from the SPL to punish us for the misdeeds of the criminal who had illegally purchased us and on the pretext that we were a "new" club. Something that the world and his dog, from UEFA to the Advertising Standards Authority, knows to be untrue.

Had they wanted to, they could have accepted the continuation of RFC in the SPL instead of finding us guilty of crimes we hadn't committed.

We were sent to SFL 3 because the clubs in the SPL chose to send us there.

We ended up in Div3 because the CVA failed & we went the Newco route. The SPL board voted on whether to allow the transfer of the SPL share held by "oldco" to the Newco. The SPL board voted not to allow the transfer of the share. We effectively had no league to play in, so applied to the SFL - automatic entry is only available via demotion from the SPL. The SFA decided the correct thing to do was to place us in Div3.

Hearts are in a completely different situation in that the financial entity running them is not in administration. At present they are struggling to pay bills & have a severe cash-flow problem. IF they go down the Newco route, I not sure how the new SPFL setup will effect things - is there a share to be transferred???

If they Newco, will they be allowed to continue in the top league....will they be relegated...it all depends on the new rule book!!!

We ended up in Div3 because the CVA failed & we went the Newco route.

No, No and thrice No. Whether or not we went Newco was immaterial. The SPL could have and should have accepted that the new company was the inheritor of Rangers FC and thus owned the Rangers share in the SPL. They chose not to recognise this (legal) fact and instead threw us out of the league.

The SPL board voted on whether to allow the transfer of the SPL share held by "oldco" to the Newco. The SPL board voted not to allow the transfer of the share.

See?

... and it was in fact not the SPL board who did this, but they let the mob do it for them. In a one-off show of democracy.

Does anyone on here believe that should have happened the same to Bayern Munich and the Bundesliga fans would have been asked about this, that Bayern would stay in the BL?

We were pre-judged and found guilty before anything was out. A criminal lead us into oblivion and instead of helping the club and the support, the relevant authorities dumped as with a right good kick. That we ended up in Divi 3 was because of the setup of the Scottish game in two league bodies ... a setup we sadly were forerunners to install.

If they go down the CVA route - i imagine that HMRC will refuse and then it will come down to the UBIG and Ukio if these are accepted. I wouldnt imagine that they would get much of a 'penny in the pound' deal so it is looking bleak for them.

If our assets were sold to Greens consortium for £5.5M then i would think if the same happened to Hearts then the sale might be a very low bid indeed...

i would say we dont have any impact on any of the spl clubs as we are boycotting them so these clubs should have put measures into place to offset any losses .

On average last season my guess is each SPL club lost just shy of £500k from us not being there last season. For these wee clubs, that is big bucks!