Airport And Belfast Set For Shops

Right, cause High Street retail is doing so well just now! I worry hindsight will prove Murray actually made a fairly shrewd deal with JJB.

Well if they want everyone to go online the club should be doing a helluva lot better. What's on offer on the official site is absolutely pathetic for a club the size of ours.

I don't think we should be going back to the number of stores but I still think there is plenty of opportunities to put them in shopping centres in the right areas.

The JJB deal was a disaster and I was delighted when we finally got out of it.

Well if they want everyone to go online the club should be doing a helluva lot better. What's on offer on the official site is absolutely pathetic for a club the size of ours.

I don't think we should be going back to the number of stores but I still think there is plenty of opportunities to put them in shopping centres in the right areas.

In what way was the JJB deal a disaster? It looked like a pretty smart deal to me even at the time far less now with the carnage there's been on the High St of the last few years.

Not having a good enough online offering isn't a great reason to open potentially loss making shops.

How many shops have Man Utd got?

Not financially it wasnt.

It's difficult to tell, certainly they've wanted rid of their Sauchiehall St store for a while now, it's in a terrible location. I've always seen an airport shop as an ego thing, I'm far from convinced it'll be profitable. Hopefully it'll be air-side at least.

Ann Street is a secondary retail site too, Victoria Sq has helped that part of town but it's still not great. I'm surprised they didn't go for Connswater myself.

I'm very sceptical of the location of the Belfast shop. Hopefully I'm proved wrong but most footfall past there is commuters, very little impulse buys from the location. Though it depends on what the club plans for shop and driving business to the store with players' signings etc.

Is it not next door to the Celtic shop i thought i read a few weeks back?

I think I'd prefer if it was airside, which is where most of the shopping gets done. If it's next to the Celtic shop then is it not to one side as you walk down from the carpark? Not ideal.

The C*lt*c shop is at the top of the escalator stairs on the 1st floor on your right as you make your way to the departure lounge - can't miss it.

Yup, right at the top of the escalator - I feel physically sick as soon as I get to the top of the escalator.

The C*lt*c shop is at the top of the escalator stairs on the 1st floor on your right as you make your way to the departure lounge - can't miss it.

Or right in front of you as you walk down the walkway from the second floor of the car park :razz: