SFL clubs having second thoughts?

A footballing man should be at the helm. Kenny Dalglish would be my choice.

I'm always a bit perplexed when his name is touted as a voice of reason and diplomacy. Great player (and decent manager) that he was he has done nothing to show me that he has leader qualities in an overseeing capacity. He can be as erratic as the worst of them (as the Bairds Bar press conference debacle showed). He's no Kissinger!!

For the "prods" on here, the guy you supposedly worship was the epitome of humility and being humble was at the centre of his teachings. He also taught against pride which in your religion is one of the deadly sins...

Psalms 25:9 He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way.

Proverbs 11:2 When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom.

Fixed that for you. :thup:

The Apostle Paul sometimes approved of pride and even was proud himself. The NIV quotes him as saying to the Corinthians, “I take great pride in you” (2 Corinthians 7:4), and that he was giving them “an opportunity to take pride in us” (2 Corinthians 5:12); and to the Galatians (6:4): “Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself.”

The more literal Revised Standard Version translates the relevant words of Romans 15:17 as “I have reason to be proud of my work for God”; 1 Corinthians 15:31 as “I protest, brethren, by my pride in you which I have in Christ Jesus”; 2 Corinthians 1:14 as “you can be proud of us as we can be of you”; and Philippians 2:16 as “so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain.”

Call me cynical, but when it come to monotheistic religion and morals and all ...

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able or willing? Then why call him God?

... and that comes from philosophers around 300 B.C.E..

I'm always a bit perplexed when his name is touted as a voice of reason and diplomacy. Great player (and decent manager) that he was he has done nothing to show me that he has leader qualities in an overseeing capacity. He can be as erratic as the worst of them (as the Bairds Bar press conference debacle showed). He's no Kissinger!!

Well anyone who quotes Kissenger in that sense doesnt deserve to be debated with.